St. Louis Style Pizza in Denver

Author
KenK
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 143
2011/07/17 16:45:22 (permalink)

St. Louis Style Pizza in Denver

For those of you displaced Missouri people looking for an authentic St. Louis style pizza here in the Denver area, I give you :  City Pizza and Pasta.
City Pizza & Pasta

Personally, I have wanted to try one for years, and despite having lived in the Denver metro area for years, and learning that this place has been serving up genuine St. Louis style pizza, for much of the thirty plus years I have lived in Colorado, I was surprised to have learned of this place just this past week.

So with my niece who grew up in Missouri on Imo's pizza, in hand my wife and she headed out to City Pizza and Pasta on Saturday.  Having heard so many things about St.Louis style pizza in the past, I was both anxious and apprehensive as to what to expect. But having my "expert" along.... my niece..., who loves a good St. Louis style pizza,  I felt confident that my first experience would be a good test of whether or not City Pizza serves up a truly good rendition of a St. Louis style pizza.

As many know, St. Louis style pizza is known for it'sProvel cheese, and cracker thin crust. What I found out talking to the proprietor is that City Pizza has their Provel cheese provided to them by a provider, and to the best of her knowledge is the only place in Colorado that he provides Provel cheese to.  Also, because of our high altitude, City has their dough brought in to them from lower altitudes to perfect the cracker thin crust, that they were not able to do on their own.

The bottom line was the question asked of my niece.  It this authentic St. Louis style pizza in your estimation. Not only did she say YES !.  But she preferred the sauce at City Pizza and Pasta, over that over Imo's.

I will say this. Never having had a St. Louis style pizza. I loved it. I love that they cut it into squares, just like the pizza's I knew growing up in Gary, Indiana as I did. 

I will be back to City Pizza.  And hope that others find it as enjoyable as I did.

0 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Trial Version 5.1