The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

Burger King's dollar menu

sk bob

• Total Posts: 1801
Burger King's dollar menu Sun, 07/17/11 8:29 PM (permalink)
Went to the Burger King in Port Orange, FL to grab a quick lunch off of their dollar menu.
They had a brand new menu with video screens that caught your attention, but no dollar menu was listed anywhere.
I asked if they still had it and the woman behind the counter (I said woman, not girl) told me the only thing on the dollar menu was a BKstacker for $1.00, a double stacker for $2.00, and a triple stacker for $3.00.
So I got 2 single stackers for $2.00 plus tax.

I walked out and thought, how can you have a stacker with only 1 burger?

Well, Here it is::::: 

What an f$#&king joke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
But I guess, what do you want for a dollar.  Screwed by corporate America again!!
And the average Joe just smiles and takes it
<message edited by sk bob on Sun, 07/17/11 9:52 PM>

DawnT

• Total Posts: 1286
    Re:Burger King's dollar menu Sun, 07/17/11 9:20 PM (permalink)
    They pulled the dollar menu double cheeseburger and Jr. Whopper around here about a year ago. Last year when my dad was in the hospital, I stopped by a few times to grab a couple for our midnight supper. Few months later I ordered them and got hit for about a quarter or 35 cents more each. Also played dumb when I asked when the price change occured.  Not sure how much more and never went back. They also had whoppers 2 for $3 around the same time that made a meal for the both of us. Those were gone too.

ces1948

• Total Posts: 1499
      Re:Burger King's dollar menu Sun, 07/17/11 10:21 PM (permalink)
      That's just a God awful chain. I used to really like the cheese whopper but the whole place just sucks now.

felix4067

• Total Posts: 3293
        Re:Burger King's dollar menu Sun, 07/17/11 11:09 PM (permalink)
        I haven't seen an actual dollar menu at Burger King in at least three years, quite possibly longer. They call it the "value menu", and things on it are anywhere from $1.00 to $2.00.

What fascinates me is how many people think that places like Burger King should never ever never raise their prices no matter what else is going on with the economy, the food supply, and global weather conditions that directly affect crops and cattle.

DawnT

• Total Posts: 1286
          Re:Burger King's dollar menu Sun, 07/17/11 11:47 PM (permalink)
          The Dollar/Value meal promotion was supposed to be a hook to get folks in during the inital part of the recession. The assumption was that you'd buy the buck burgers and then buy the higher priced sides and drinks. From what I gathered from one of their managers was that people were coming buy and ordering sacks of the loss leaders at the window and kept moving and drank their own sodas and sides at home. It's one of the reasons many of the chains stopped doing this.

I'm not one to eat FF burgers, but if they're selling something much cheaper then I can make it and I'm running short on time, the convenience is well worth it even if it isn't the the best burger that I could get. When time was at a premium last year and we weren't getting back home until midnight when the grocery stores and restaurants were mostly all closed, this was a very inexpensive alternative for supper. Why buy their soda or fries when I can throw in a handfull of frozen fries in the fry daddy and have them 2 minutes later and better then soggy and cold fries by the time we got home and drink our store brand 2L bottle sodas rather then ice watered down drinks that we could have bought 4 or 5 store brand bottles for the same price?  

People aren't as stupid as marketing departments often assume and aren't easily parted from their hard earned dollars.

ces1948

• Total Posts: 1499
            Re:Burger King's dollar menu Sun, 07/17/11 11:58 PM (permalink)
            When we go to the St. Lucie Mets games each ticket stub has a coupon on the back good for a free whopper (no cheese) when you buy a whopper value meal. I used to think this was a great deal but since I hate their fries and to me the whopper is a poor imitation of what it used to be we mostly just skip it.

mjambro

• Total Posts: 419
              Re:Burger King's dollar menu Mon, 07/18/11 8:43 AM (permalink)

But I guess, what do you want for a dollar.  Screwed by corporate America again!!
              And the average Joe just smiles and takes it

All comes back to the government subsidies going primarily to ADM for turning corn into ethanol.  Significantly increased feed prices are inflating the price of meat, etc - Greatly benefits ADM management & their stock holders, but everyone else gets the shaft subsidizing them.

Michael Hoffman

• Total Posts: 17815
                Re:Burger King's dollar menu Mon, 07/18/11 9:29 AM (permalink)
                They don't have the Buck-Double any longer?

pnwchef

• Total Posts: 2230
                  Re:Burger King's dollar menu Mon, 07/18/11 10:21 AM (permalink)
                  you get a burger, cheese, bacon, and a bun for a buck. ......I would say it was a great value........

seafarer john

Re:Burger King's dollar menu Mon, 07/18/11 10:44 AM (permalink)
                    A few weeks ago our local Burger King closed. On Wednesday it was there and open 'till normal closing time -on Thursday morning the sheriff was there supervising a locksmith changing the locks... it  is  not missed in this household, but we do note that the already thriving McD is doing a lot more business.

Cheers, John 

MiamiDon

Re:Burger King's dollar menu Mon, 07/18/11 11:05 AM (permalink)
                      Burger King was bought by a private investment group, I believe.

http://uk.reuters.com/article/2010/09/02/uk-burgerking-idUKTRE6812A620100902

That, along with the next-to-last-place rating in the Consumer Reports survey, may mean that a lot of changes will be going on.  I believe that I read that "the King" is gone (thank you!).

senor boogie woogie

• Total Posts: 225
                        Re:Burger King's dollar menu Fri, 07/29/11 5:15 AM (permalink)

A dollar is not worth anything anymore. They dont want to get rid of the "Dollar Menu", so they are making everything smaller to keep it at the same price and hope that the consumer does not notice, which most of the time, they don't. Still, it does have two types of meat, including bacon and cheese.

If you dislike their prices, you can go get some burger meat and make them yourself.

I used to get two Whoppers for $2.13 with tax, back in the late 1990's (I moved away from the USA in 2001, and remember the 1990's.) I wonder if Burger King calls his penis "The Whopper?"

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 2 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                          • No New Messages
                          • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                          • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                          • Locked w/ New Messages
                          • Locked w/o New Messages
                          • Read Message
                          • Post New Thread
                          • Reply to message
                          • Post New Poll
                          • Submit Vote
                          • Post reward post
                          • Delete my own posts
                          • Delete my own threads
                          • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                          What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com