Orlando....What a Great Roadfood Town!

Author
joerogo
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 4564
2011/07/28 17:07:21 (permalink)

Orlando....What a Great Roadfood Town!

Orlando has been dubbed the land of restaurant chains, and it does have a lot of them.  But just like any other tourist area, you just have to look a wee bit outside the box for great food.  I have been adding places to this thread, and here are a couple more.

Great burgers can be found at Johnny's Fillin' Station.  Fresh, cooked to your desired temperature, 8 ounce burgers on a very good roll.  Prices are very reasonable and the service is great.  Now, they say a place has got to be good if the Cops eat there.  Johnny's is sooo good, they had an entire SWAT Team the day I was there" />

Cue the music for the next place.

Probably the best Chinese food in Central Florida can be found at Tasty Wok BBQ and Noodle on E. Colonial drive in Orlando.  

This is always the sign of a great Chinese place.

But this made it even better.

Yep, that's longtime Roadfooders, Baah Ben and Sk Bob.  If you think they are sitting a little close, I think they both rode in on Bob's Harley

Baah Ben found this place on Urbanspoon and has been singing its praises.  Now that we finally got a chance to go there, I realized that I shop at the Publix across the street.

We started with shrimp won ton soup and roast posk that was fantastic.  But we were shootin the breeze and eating and I forgot to snap a photo.  Heck, I was lucky to get the rice away from Bob!

But I did get the orange chicken and beef dish(name?).

This was excellent, fresh and well prepared food.  The orange chicken was full breast pieces, lots of orange rind, with an outstanding flavor.  Bob commented how fresh the taste of the orange was.  Baah Ben picked this as his favorite also.  I liked the beef fon gool or whatever the name is.  The large rice noodles it was served on were addicting.

As we were exchanging emails planning this event, I kept getting emails from Bob's wife's account, Third Turn Peg, since Baah Ben's high security doesn't accept emails from Bob.  Now my wife is bustin my chops about this girl named Peg I am meeting for lunch.  So Hon, here is Peg....

It was great meeting SK Bob and catching up with Baah Ben.  John A. had a prior commitment and was missed.

Oh, the music?  That's Baah Ben's lovely wife, Harriet.

post edited by joerogo - 2011/07/29 20:03:42

12 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1