The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

Been getting annoying solicitation calls lately?

Foodbme

• Total Posts: 9575
Been getting annoying solicitation calls lately? Thu, 08/4/11 12:07 AM (permalink)
Most folks don't realize that their "Do Not Call" registration is only good for 5 years.
If you registered more than 5 years ago, you're registration has expired and you're fair game for solicitors.
To renew your National registration go to: https://donotcall.gov/.
Some states have their own State Registry. To check on your state, go to:
http://www.donotcallprotection.com/state_do_not_call_list_signup.shtml
Brought to you as a Public Service by,
FBM

felix4067

• Total Posts: 3305
    Re:Been getting annoying solicitation calls lately? Thu, 08/4/11 12:11 AM (permalink)
    Actually, it doesn't expire. That was changed in 2008, according to the Do Not Call List website.

Your registration will not expire. Telephone numbers placed on the National Do Not Call Registry will remain on it permanently due to the Do-Not-Call Improvement Act of 2007, which became law in February 2008. Read more about it at http://www.ftc.gov/opa/2008/04/dncfyi.shtm.

Not that it isn't a good idea to verify that your number is still listed, of course. I usually check mine every year on my birthday just in case. Especially my cell, as I've been getting spam texts the last few months.

mar52

• Total Posts: 7609
      Re:Been getting annoying solicitation calls lately? Thu, 08/4/11 12:31 AM (permalink)
      Thanks!

I signed up my mother.  She talks to everyone who calls her.

Foodbme

• Total Posts: 9575
        Re:Been getting annoying solicitation calls lately? Thu, 08/4/11 3:08 AM (permalink)
        felix4067

Actually, it doesn't expire. That was changed in 2008, according to the Do Not Call List website.

Your registration will not expire. Telephone numbers placed on the National Do Not Call Registry will remain on it permanently due to the Do-Not-Call Improvement Act of 2007, which became law in February 2008. Read more about it at http://www.ftc.gov/opa/2008/04/dncfyi.shtm.

Not that it isn't a good idea to verify that your number is still listed, of course. I usually check mine every year on my birthday just in case. Especially my cell, as I've been getting spam texts the last few months.

I believe that only applys to numbers added AFTER Feb 2008. I originally signed up BEFORE 2/2008 and when I checked, my Do Not Call listing had expired and I had to re-registar.

Tony Bad

Re:Been getting annoying solicitation calls lately? Thu, 08/4/11 10:43 AM (permalink)
          Thanks!

Phottoman

• Total Posts: 111
            Re:Been getting annoying solicitation calls lately? Thu, 08/4/11 11:03 AM (permalink)
            Thanks, FBM.  I had totally forgotten to do this with a new cell phone that I bought about six months ago.

It's now done because you reminded me.

Stay well, and I'll be back down your way in a couple of weeks.

We should try to get together.

Photto

felix4067

• Total Posts: 3305
              Re:Been getting annoying solicitation calls lately? Fri, 08/5/11 3:31 PM (permalink)
              Foodbme

felix4067

I believe that only applys to numbers added AFTER Feb 2008. I originally signed up BEFORE 2/2008 and when I checked, my Do Not Call listing had expired and I had to re-registar.

Interesting. I signed up both of my numbers in July 2003 and have never had to re-register them.

Wabbit

• Total Posts: 477
                Re:Been getting annoying solicitation calls lately? Sat, 08/6/11 11:40 AM (permalink)
                Good to know, With the election's coming up.. I get so many un wanted call's ..and they are exempt from the law. I ask them polite to please not call . . It does not detour them. I have a new cell phome and this opened my eye's to register it.

ces1948

• Total Posts: 1499
                  Re:Been getting annoying solicitation calls lately? Sat, 08/6/11 1:50 PM (permalink)
                  I set my phone to reject anonymous calls which helps a little bit with the political robocalls. I also add any number that I get an unwanted call from to a block list so it only happens once from that number. I like to think I'm accomplishing something but in reality probably not much.

mar52

• Total Posts: 7609
                    Re:Been getting annoying solicitation calls lately? Sat, 08/6/11 1:58 PM (permalink)
                    The political phone calls really rub me wrong.

I get them at all hours of the night.

I now tell them...

Do you really think I'm going to vote for someone who interrupts my dinner, Sunday, evening time, etc?

I hope that they get the message.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                      • No New Messages
                      • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                      • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                      • Locked w/ New Messages
                      • Locked w/o New Messages
                      • Read Message
                      • Post New Thread
                      • Reply to message
                      • Post New Poll
                      • Submit Vote
                      • Post reward post
                      • Delete my own posts
                      • Delete my own threads
                      • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                      What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com