The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Where to eat in Dubois PA?

NascarDad

Where to eat in Dubois PA? Fri, 08/5/11 8:40 AM (permalink)
Looks like we are going to spend a night in Dubois.  I think I have breakfast the next morning covered (Joeys Bakery up in Ridgway PA just up the 219, its also a diner and quite good last time we stopped).
So that leaves dinner.
Right now I am leaning towards Eat N Park , looks like a regional chain.  I haven't had a decent double decker style burger in years (had a good one at a Big Boy in Tiffin Ohio long about 15 years ago), the big bonus for them is the kids menu which includes Kraft Mac and Cheese - one of my youngest's 4 food groups.
If we are in the mood for something more meaty, I found there is a restaurant run by the local butcher, and they may have the good prime rib I am always on the lookout for.  It's called the Fort Worth Restaurant , guess it has a texan theme.

But I am still open for any good suggestions for dinner in DuBois.

Ralph Melton

Re:Where to eat in Dubois PA? Fri, 08/5/11 10:58 AM (permalink)
    Eat N Park is indeed a regional chain. I regard them as a notch below Denny's, but I know folks who regard Eat N Park as one of the highlights of a trip to western Pennsylvania.

Foodbme

• Total Posts: 9543
      Re:Where to eat in Dubois PA? Sat, 08/6/11 12:46 AM (permalink)
      I was born in DuBois PA, but haven't been back in years. The Dubois Country Club is open to the public and as I remember, had good eats. A good Sunday Brunch there.
      http://www.duboiscountryclub.com/golf/proto/duboiscountryclub/tannery/tannery.htm
      The DuBois Diner is a for real diner with homemade pies.
      http://theduboisdiner.com/
      If you're going thru St. Marys, PA, be sure to stop at one of the oldest family owned breweries in America for a tour and a beer from the "Eternal Tap"! In business since 1872! 30 miles north of DuBois up RT 255.
      http://www.straubbeer.com/index.htm

NascarDad

Re:Where to eat in Dubois PA? Fri, 08/19/11 2:30 PM (permalink)
        Next time will definitely stop at the DuBois diner.  I did enjoy my double decker burger at Park N Eat though, havent had a well made one of those in years maybe over a decade?  properly toasted middle bun did the job.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 2 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
          • No New Messages
          • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
          • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
          • Locked w/ New Messages
          • Locked w/o New Messages
          • Read Message
          • Post New Thread
          • Reply to message
          • Post New Poll
          • Submit Vote
          • Post reward post
          • Delete my own posts
          • Delete my own threads
          • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
          What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com