Has Wendy's downsized their burgers?

Author
California Guy
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 3
2011/08/09 11:55:52 (permalink)

Has Wendy's downsized their burgers?

Hey everyone,

I used to eat at Wendy's a lot when I worked near one. So it's been like six months, maybe a year since I've been. And, normally when I ordered a burger, I'd order their Classic Double burger, which was usually too big, and I'd end up tossing half of it in the trash. (I know, my bad).
So now I only do fast food, every few months when I need my fix. So I went to my favorite Wendy's and ordered their the single patty combo this time because I knew it would be sufficient. Well what I got was barely bigger than their Double Stack. It was like a glorified double stack with lettuce and tomato. What gives? Has anybody else noticed this and when it occurred. I remember the burger used to have a kaiser roll and the patties would stick out the sides, well these buns were basically the same size as the double stack. I think from now on, I'll just order two double stacks and save money, lol.

Granted I actually finished my meal this time, it was the perfect size, so I shouldn't complain. And, the staff has ALWAYS been very friendly and attentive, always, sometimes even delivering to my table. But this just irked me. I think what bugs me is paying the same price for a smaller burger. I'd rather pay more and get the burger I was expecting, it really disappointed me. This whole downsizing thing due to costs or the obesity crisis or whatever is starting to irritate me, it should be my choice if I want a smaller burger or to pay more. I understand that costs increase. It's getting to the point that most fast food places are a joke and it's better to just make your own burger and fries at home. It's no longer a treat like it was when I was a kid. I remember as a kid going to Wendy's and remember the decor really being special. It had little inserts about Dave's daughter Wendy and the table's had this special Wendy's wallpaper on them. (Dating myself, ha), but it was like fake old-timey newsprint, it was a really special experience, and the burgers were a huge treat. Now it's like glorified double stack.
I hardly go to fast food anymore, I just want it to be good when I go. Now about the only place that's kept the quality of their food is a regional chain - Del Taco - , and MAYBE Carl's Jr, though I've seen they've adopted the monstrosity that is "natural cut" shoestring fries as well, ugh. What's going on? When the product is downsized and dumbed down so bad, you can get 5x better making it yourself from the market and cheaper, something is wrong. Anybody else?
post edited by California Guy - 2011/08/09 11:59:30

14 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Trial Version 5.1