The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

NY Times article on NY City Pushcart Hot Dogs

ken8038

• Total Posts: 1559
NY Times article on NY City Pushcart Hot Dogs Wed, 08/10/11 10:50 AM (permalink)
Interesting article in today's NY Times about changes in NY City pushcart Hot Dogs. Basically it's sayng the biggest change has been in the carts themselves, enabling the owners to grill them instead of cooking them via the traditional "dirty water" method.

Me, if I'm going to have a pushcart dog, I think I still prefer a natural casing boiled Sabrett.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/08/10/dining/the-hot-dog-redefined-one-cart-at-a-time.html?pagewanted=1&ref=todayspaper

fishtaco

• Total Posts: 742
    Re:NY Times article on NY City Pushcart Hot Dogs Wed, 08/10/11 2:38 PM (permalink)
    Somebody always has to mess with something.

seafarer john

Re:NY Times article on NY City Pushcart Hot Dogs Wed, 08/10/11 6:17 PM (permalink)
      Those of us so unfortunate as to live out in the sticks have always had a choice of dirty water, roller grilled, charcoal grilled, and a whole lot of toppings for a long time now. So, Manhattan catches up, and adds a few "gourmet gimmicks" and the Times makes a big front -of -the- Food Section deal of it. 
      When we go to Manhattan, a rare occasion now-a-days, we're not looking for hot dogs...

Cheers, John 

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 2 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
        • No New Messages
        • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
        • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
        • Locked w/ New Messages
        • Locked w/o New Messages
        • Read Message
        • Post New Thread
        • Reply to message
        • Post New Poll
        • Submit Vote
        • Post reward post
        • Delete my own posts
        • Delete my own threads
        • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
        What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com