Coupon or Promotional Refusal

Author
DawnT
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 1286
2011/08/12 19:59:22 (permalink)

Coupon or Promotional Refusal

Have any of you experienced a refusal of coupon or corporate offer at a chain restaurant? It's happened a few times over the years. For example, the old Chicken Unlimited chain used to run weekly ad inserts offering all kinds of clip out coupons for various menu items. None of the franchisees of the ones that we visited would accept them and didn't participate. I've was sent a complimentary letter from IHOP's area manager of an incident that occurred at one of their locations. After attempting to redeem it at another location a month or so later, the evening manager not only refused to accept it, he brought some off-duty police officers without any provocation on their meal break into the matter. They flatly told us we had to pay and take up the matter with the day manager or corporate. I've seen places posting "No Internet Coupons" signs over they years and wonder about these websites and commercials that offer the purchase of discount cards below the dollar value of the restaurant's menu. While I'm sure that any franchisee has a right not to participate, it should be prominently displayed and certainly isn't a good image for the rest of the chain's brand.

12 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1