Pincho Factory in Miami, FL 10/23/2011 Update

Author
MiamiDon
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 4306
2011/08/15 10:41:24 (permalink)

Pincho Factory in Miami, FL 10/23/2011 Update

I have been reading good accounts of a restaurant in the Westchester area of Miami-Dade County named Pincho Factory.  Last week I went there for lunch.  It's located in a strip shopping center.

A pincho in this case is the Latin American term for a meat brochette or kebab.  The owner and Chef de Cuisine, Nedal, has put together a menu of marinated steak, chicken and ground beef pinchos char-grilled to order, and served with a variety of house-made sauces and a range of fresh vegetables and shredded cheese.  The pinchos can be had naked, in a pita, on a bowl of rice or on a mixed-greens salad.  He also grills 1/3-lb burgers, and 1/5 Vienna skinless hot dogs, which can be had with combinations of the vegetables, cheese and sauces.

There seem to always be periodic specials, and custom sauces not on the menu.  When in doubt, ask!

Veggie

Fresh Vegetable Toppings and Salad Ingredients

After consulting with the lovely "Mrs Pincho Factory" Kristel, I selected "The Mix" (diced cucumber, tomato and lettuce), onions and jalapenos with chipotle mayo. 

It was GREAT!  The steak was plentiful, tender and lightly-charred from the grill.  The savory veggies and the spicy jalapenos went together perfectly on the soft and fresh pita.  Here's a shot of it unwrapped to show the contents:

I also got a chicken pincho on a pita, with similar veggies and mango sauce.  We split it for supper, and while it suffered a little because of the delay, it was very good.  Driving around with it filled the car with an intoxicating aroma!  On another occasion I got some naked chicken pinchos to take home for supper, and with just the flavors of the marinade and grilling they had a good flavor.

Word got to me that Pincho Factory was reinstating a National Hamburger Month special, the Fritanga Burger.  "Fritanga" is a term for restaurants that feature Nicaraguan home-style cooking, and one of the usual dishes is fried cheese.  The Fritanga Burger here is a seasoned and grilled burger with a large chunk of deep-fried Latin American queso blanco (white cheese) with a simple cabbage slaw and crema (sort of a thin latin sour cream). 

He started with the burgers on the grill:

... and added the deep-fried cheese:

Here is the result:

Wow. 

This was another hit.  Very rich and flavorful.  Probably not a good diet item!

I stopped by again for a burger, and Kristel suggested the Western Burger, because it's not always on the menu.  It's a bacon cheeseburger with crispy onions and a smoky barbecue sauce.  Another winner!  I had a plan to save half for later, but couldn't stop eating it.  I split it in half to show that they cook the burgers to order, and will give you a rare one if desired.

Chef Nidal recommended a dog with grilled onions and sliced yellow banana peppers.  He said he just puts mustard on that, but Kristel interceded and recommended the Latin American pink sauce (she's from Venezuela), so I went with that.

I liked this a lot too.  I could eat one of these every week.  I also ordered the sweet potato fries.  I've really only had these once before, but I like these.  You can get your choice of sauces for dipping.

I was here during the work day, but I noticed that they offer a choice of a few beers and wine.

Everybody was very nice and efficient.  Here are the owners:

Pincho Factory
9680 SW 40th Street (Bird Road)
Miami, FL
305-631-2038
http://www.pinchofactory.com
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pinchofactory
@pinchofactory

P.S.  This is actually miles from the city of Miami but that area uses it for a mailing address
post edited by MiamiDon - 2011/10/23 09:17:32

10 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Trial Version 5.1