What up? Wikieup.

Author
JRPfeff
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 2726
2011/08/22 23:33:02 (permalink)

What up? Wikieup.

Saturday we drove from Phoenix to Vegas. Wickenburg was too early for lunch and Kingman would be too late. We split the difference and stopped in Wikieup.  We couldn't pass by this sign, it sealed the deal.

The exterior was nicely freshened up, but the interior of the Wikieup Trading Post looks like it had not changed much in decades.

You will find bits & pieces of these guys on the menu.

Bobbi found the winner on the menu, the Southwest Grilled Roast Beef Sandwich, which included chiles, onions & cheese. This may be Arizona's answer to the Green Chile Cheeseburger. We shared the sandwich and both thought it was excellent, although I would have been happy with more chiles.

I ordered the beef enchiladas, which were served wet - covered with chili. It was nothing special and it could have used some more heat.

We were preparing to leave when our waitress said that she mistakenly charged us for a slice of pie and she had to remove it from our bill.  If that was not an omen, I don't know what is. WWBBD?

We had the homemade deep dish peach pie.  It was very good, although it only had a top crust.

Our waitress was extremely fun and friendly.  We were in & out in 40 minutes and back on the road to Vegas. Good and fast as advertised. And rattlesnake souvenirs, to boot.

Wikieup Trading Post Restaurant
18040 S Highway 93
Wikieup, AZ 85360
(928) 765-2302 ‎

Stay tuned for future installments.
post edited by JRPfeff - 2011/08/22 23:37:57

36 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1