The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

2011-12 College Football

Change Page: < 123456 | Showing page 6 of 6, messages 151 to 171 of 171
Foodbme

• Total Posts: 9587
Re:2011-12 College Football Wed, 01/4/12 1:06 AM (permalink)
ann peeples

You too, Foodbme. Why not accept the win of your favored team with grace?

What? I'm not a Duck Fan by any means. Just stating the facts. I don't like the Ducks. I'm a USC Fan. My daughter went to USC on a Swimming Scholarship but I had to make a deal. They said they would pay for her education but I had to buy a USC Tee Shirt. Had to think about that for a little while! 

felix4067

• Total Posts: 3306
    Re:2011-12 College Football Wed, 01/4/12 1:11 AM (permalink)
    One of the best Sugar Bowls I've ever had the great good fortune to watch. Also one of the worst. And most frustrating. But I was definitely incapable of looking away! Well played, VT. We'll try not to be too obnoxious in our celebration.

Foodbme

Re:2011-12 College Football Wed, 01/4/12 1:21 AM (permalink)
      Two BCS Bowls won, (Or lost) by Field Goal Kickers in OT!
      Could this be an Omen for the LSU-AL Game??????

mayor al

• Total Posts: 15076
        • Roadfood Insider
        Re:2011-12 College Football Wed, 01/4/12 6:49 AM (permalink)
        Foodie,
        I got one of thos USC Tee Shirts too. I defaulted on the loan after the third washing of the shirt as it shrunk faster than the balance of the loan, so they Repo'd it !!!
          Also,  i learned right here on Roadfood that many folks didn't understand that USC meant University of Southern California.. They had some weird notion about South Carolina. I gave up trying to explain the true meaning after they made some rather strong statements about  "REMEMBER  FORT  SUMTER !!"

Davydd

• Total Posts: 6230
          Re:2011-12 College Football Wed, 01/4/12 10:03 AM (permalink)
          Ann, If it is any consolation those milquetoast white uniforms of Stanford also lost to the "ugly" orange trim and black uniforms of Oklahoma State.   I didn't see the Penn State game they lost but do know Penn State does white uniforms better than any team in the country.

I do hope you noticed that the Wisconsin red W on the helmets and numbers on the uniforms were actually red roses. It came off a bit more subtle than I expected even on HDTV.

I'm not anti-Wisconsin. After all, my daughter went to the University of Wisconsin - Madison, my son is an instructor at the University of Wisconsin - La Crosse and my daughter-in-law is a professor at UW - La Crosse and I have New Glarus Laughing Fox beer in my fridge right now.

Davydd

Re:2011-12 College Football Wed, 01/4/12 10:11 AM (permalink)
            Foodbme

I hope not. As you should remember Alabama was actually the better team stat wise in the first game but lost it because of the kicker. If they play another yawner I will wish for an Oklahoma State vs Oregon final showdown. I know it won't happen but one can wish.

ann peeples

• Total Posts: 8317
              Re:2011-12 College Football Wed, 01/4/12 11:23 AM (permalink)
              Ok Davydd, you are back in the circle of trust.

ScreamingChicken

• Total Posts: 4737
                Re:2011-12 College Football Wed, 01/4/12 12:13 PM (permalink)
                The non-milquetoast purple and black uniforms of UW-Whitewater are responsible for 3 consecutive Div. III championships, 4 in the past 5 years, and a winning streak that currently stands at 45 games - the 5th-longest in NCAA history.

Foodbme

Re:2011-12 College Football Wed, 01/4/12 2:49 PM (permalink)
                  mayor al

Foodie,
                  I got one of thos USC Tee Shirts too. I defaulted on the loan after the third washing of the shirt as it shrunk faster than the balance of the loan, so they Repo'd it !!!
                  Also,  i learned right here on Roadfood that many folks didn't understand that USC meant University of Southern California.. They had some weird notion about South Carolina. I gave up trying to explain the true meaning after they made some rather strong statements about  "REMEMBER  FORT  SUMTER !!"

It also stands for The University of Spoiled Children!

Foodbme

Re:2011-12 College Football Thu, 01/5/12 3:15 PM (permalink)
                    Davydd

Foodbme

I hope not. As you should remember Alabama was actually the better team stat wise in the first game but lost it because of the kicker. If they play another yawner I will wish for an Oklahoma State vs Oregon final showdown. I know it won't happen but one can wish.

Think about this----When LSU & AL met 2 months ago, it was an all field goal game with Alabama missing 4 of 6 attempts.
                    18 0f the 30 bowl games through Tuesday were decided by a Touchdown or less.
                    The longest field goal record in NCAA history is 67 yards - done by 4 people.
                    A field goal could decide the National Championship.

ScreamingChicken

• Total Posts: 4737
                      Re:2011-12 College Football Tue, 01/10/12 9:45 AM (permalink)
                      Well, 1 FG was all that was needed even though Alabama tacked on 4 more for good measure.

I didn't watch the game but if LSU was held to 92 total yards it must've been a defense-minded fan's dream!

Brad

Foodbme

Re:2011-12 College Football Tue, 01/10/12 10:27 AM (permalink)
                        Who Dat 'Bama Field Goal Kicker? Who Dat???
                        If all the bowl games played this season don't prove the importance of the field goal kicker, I don't know what would.
                        I don't know where to look, but it would be interesting to see how many college games this year were won by a field goal.----AND the number of Pro Games won by a field goal.
                        I have a 8 yr old grandson who loves football. I'm buying him a Tee, one of those things that hold the ball for practice kicks and a net!!! 

Davydd

Re:2011-12 College Football Tue, 01/10/12 11:36 AM (permalink)
                          Alabama also tacked on a Trent Richardson running touchdown just for good measure. This was no contest. Alabama was the better team in the first game except for the score in beating themselves. This time they got their offense going and LSU did not look anywhere close to a number 1 team in this game. I would seriously consider them dropping to number 3 behind Oklahoma State now with that sorry performance.

The BCS desperately needs a minimum of a 4 team playoff and better yet an 8 team playoff. An 8 team playoff could fill the time between the end of the season and New Years and also keep the teams fresh with no layoffs.

Foodbme

Re:2011-12 College Football Tue, 01/10/12 12:53 PM (permalink)
                            Davydd,
                            There's only one thing preventing a playoff. It's called GREED!
                            With all the new Conference re-alignments in place and with more to come, MAYBE there's a chance that the playoff picture will change, but only if they can see a financial reason to do it!

CajunKing

• Total Posts: 6317
                              • Roadfood Insider
                              Re:2011-12 College Football Tue, 01/10/12 3:37 PM (permalink)
                              Coach Miles should have been replaced.
                              His play calling lacked imagination and when his starting qb was floundering he opted not to replace him, but let him struggle and let the team continue to struggle.

Congrats to 'Bama

Foodbme

Re:2011-12 College Football Tue, 01/10/12 6:41 PM (permalink)
                                Now CK, how can you say Miles should have been replaced?
                                He doesn't call the plays, his OC does.
                                LSU's problem wasn't the play calling---It was the execution of the plays that were called.
                                Here's what Miles WAS responsible for:
                                1. LSU came out flat and stayed flat.
                                2. They weren't mentally ready to play.
                                3. I think deep down LSU knew that Alabama should have won the first game and Miles couldn't get them out of that mindset.
                                4. They weren't prepared for Bama's Defensive schemes.
                                5. Bama had a offensive game plan different from the first game and LSU didn't adapt. 
                                6. LSU spent too much time reading their press clippings. 
                                7. He should have pulled Jefferson
                                8. Bama's cheerleaders are cuter!
                                Add it all up--- Bama 21 - LSU 0
                                End of story
                                <message edited by Foodbme on Tue, 01/10/12 6:47 PM>

rtchamp

• Total Posts: 17
                                  Re:2011-12 College Football Wed, 01/11/12 12:07 AM (permalink)
                                  Roll Tide! I believe that there will be a 4 team playoff next year and as an Alabama fan I love that idea, I'm glad we won the NC but it would have been even better if we could have beaten Okie State too.

kennyb

• Total Posts: 374
                                    Re:2011-12 College Football Wed, 01/11/12 8:47 AM (permalink)
                                    Champs

Roll Tide! I believe that there will be a 4 team playoff next year and as an Alabama fan I love that idea, I'm glad we won the NC but it would have been even better if we could have beaten Okie State too.

not sure that would of happened.

rtchamp

• Total Posts: 17
                                      Re:2011-12 College Football Fri, 01/13/12 2:22 AM (permalink)
                                      kennyb

Champs

not sure that would of happened.

Your right... I mean the great  Iowa State beat them but there's no way Alabama could  
                                      <message edited by rtchamp on Fri, 01/13/12 2:56 AM>

CajunKing

• Total Posts: 6317
                                        • Roadfood Insider
                                        Re:2011-12 College Football Fri, 01/13/12 3:09 AM (permalink)
                                        I can't believe it's OVER!!!

How soon until training camps and warm weather football??

I prefer the cold snowy games or the wet muddy ones but I am in need of football.

Davydd

Re:2011-12 College Football Fri, 01/13/12 9:53 AM (permalink)
                                          Season's over and I am left with absolutely no doubt that Alabama is the best team. I am still in doubt as who number 2 actually is between LSU and Oklahoma State. However, LSU never lost to a lesser team and given the fact they will not play each other gets the nod for number 2 by virtue of survival of the fittest over the season. I can accept that and the fact that an SEC team finally lost in a BCS Championship game.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
                                            Change Page: < 123456 | Showing page 6 of 6, messages 151 to 171 of 171

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 2 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                                            • No New Messages
                                            • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                                            • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                                            • Locked w/ New Messages
                                            • Locked w/o New Messages
                                            • Read Message
                                            • Post New Thread
                                            • Reply to message
                                            • Post New Poll
                                            • Submit Vote
                                            • Post reward post
                                            • Delete my own posts
                                            • Delete my own threads
                                            • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                                            What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com