The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

1995 stepvan build... My second unit.

THE WILD DOG

• Total Posts: 1465
1995 stepvan build... My second unit. Tue, 08/30/11 9:24 PM (permalink)
Ive been slacking on posting about it, or uploading pics. I will keep it brief, I know there are alot of builds happening right now, just wanted to showcase mine a bit.

that's it so far, tomorrow I start mocking my frame for the outside part of the window...

reese77

• Total Posts: 508
    Re:1995 stepvan build... My second unit. Tue, 08/30/11 9:39 PM (permalink)
    Nice, wish my truck was that big. What are the dimensions?

Dr of BBQ

• Total Posts: 3716
      • Roadfood Insider
      Re:1995 stepvan build... My second unit. Tue, 08/30/11 9:43 PM (permalink)
      It's looking good my friend but how will you actually mock your frame? Will you stand inside and "tease or laugh at in a scornful or contemptuous manner?" I'm sorry I couldn't resist. Good job and I like the concept. Have you figured your profit margin on the cheese steaks yet?
      Jack

THE WILD DOG

• Total Posts: 1465
        Re:1995 stepvan build... My second unit. Tue, 08/30/11 11:16 PM (permalink)
        reese77

Nice, wish my truck was that big. What are the dimensions?

exterior is 22ft and interior is 14'x8' it's pretty spacious.

@ DOB I was gonna stare it and poke it a few times, I wanted to test something with a few scrap pieces of angle... I think what I want will work. Either way I gotta cut the hole eventually. LOL maybe I will run the electric... Ive never screwed with electric outta school, I have a general idea of what I 'm doing. I'm home running all my outlets to have their own switch. and having an electrician come behind me and sign off on my work... Beats paying the guy $1500 to run 8 4 way outlets and stuff.

Dr of BBQ

• Total Posts: 3716
          • Roadfood Insider
          Re:1995 stepvan build... My second unit. Wed, 08/31/11 1:00 AM (permalink)
          THE WILD DOG
          DOB I was gonna stare it and poke it a few times, Either way I gotta cut the hole eventually. LOL maybe I will run the electric... Ive never screwed with electric outta school, I have a general idea of what I 'm doing. I'm home running all my outlets to have their own switch. and having an electrician come behind me and sign off on my work... Beats paying the guy $1500 to run 8 4 way outlets and stuff.

I'm home running all my outlets 

That's the only way to go and remember you can never have too many outlets. They are harder to invent (add) than not use down the road. On the electrical system do some internet research, before you start. One other thought, the part that takes up most of the electricians time is conduit and running the wires. If you get all your boxes in place, the wires run and outlets hooked up, the wires run back to home plate a good electrician shouldn't charge much for the finale hook up.

One other thought from experience....make sure every wire into your breaker box is labeled. And then label the inside of the door with the outlet name, IE water pump, or exhaust fan what ever. Then if you have a problem down the road you know where to look.

Hey this is your 2nd build your an old pro you'll do fine.

GL
          Jack

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 2 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
            • No New Messages
            • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
            • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
            • Locked w/ New Messages
            • Locked w/o New Messages
            • Read Message
            • Post New Thread
            • Reply to message
            • Post New Poll
            • Submit Vote
            • Post reward post
            • Delete my own posts
            • Delete my own threads
            • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
            What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com