The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Our Wild Southwest Roadie Trip 2011

lckt13

Our Wild Southwest Roadie Trip 2011 Sun, 09/4/11 2:21 PM (permalink)
Greetings fellow road food warriors. I am a commercial photographer and have had the fortunate experience of being selected as Artist in Residence at several of our National Parks and Historical Sites. Recently, I went to Petrified Forest in Arizona and wish to report on some of my favs enroute, in the area, returning etc. So, here goes:
1. Ely, Nv: Hotel Nevada for a good steak (but lousy wine selection so stick with beer or liquor)
2. Kanab, UT: Rewind Diner and Rocking V Cafe are both superb.
3. Cameron Trading Post, AZ:  a must stop for their Navajo Taco burgers
4. Winslow AZ:  If you haven't dined at La Posada's Turquoise Room then you haven't lived. Perhaps the best restaurant for three meals in the nation.
5. Albuquergue, NM: Church Street Cafe in Old Town is the best New Mexican in Old Town hands down. Seasons restaurant in Old Town very nice and upscale.
6. Flagstaff, AZ: Brix on San Francisco is superb dining with both inside and outside eclectic menues and great service.
7. Coffee Cup, Boulder City, NV: as stated on Roadfood excellent breakfast and lunch. Had the meatloaf sandwich which filled me up for two days!
8. Death Valley National Park, CA:  Eat in the Furnace Creek Ranch Cafe and NOT the fancier dining room for much better food surprisingly! Panamit Springs Resort for buffet breakfast is worth the scenery and the drive and of course the food.
9. Gold(en?) Bull Cafe, Bakersfield, CA: This is west of the town heading out toward I5 at an intersection. We were hungry and saw tons of cars in their lot which is always a good indication in a farming community. Owned and operated by a Greek family offering both Mexican and Greek items. The Gyro platter was superb.

<message edited by lckt13 on Sun, 09/4/11 2:27 PM>

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
    • No New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    • Locked w/ New Messages
    • Locked w/o New Messages
    • Read Message
    • Post New Thread
    • Reply to message
    • Post New Poll
    • Submit Vote
    • Post reward post
    • Delete my own posts
    • Delete my own threads
    • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
    What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com