How do you prepare hot dogs at YOUR house?

Author
Wienie Will
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 16
2011/09/04 18:50:25 (permalink)

How do you prepare hot dogs at YOUR house?

I'm sure this has probably been discussed on here sometime in the past, but...  I couldn't find any related posts using the search engine - and it's a fun topic anyway, that can bear gettin' taken back out, dusted off and offered up to the denizens of this sub-forum of Roadfood...

So...  How do you prepare your hot dogs in the privacy of your own home?

I generally do them one of two ways:

1) Since I don't have one of those nice ol' Viking grills in the front window of my house - I bust out Gramma's cast iron skillet* and roll 'em around in there until they've achieved my desired degree of char...  I usually even remember to turn on the exhaust fan.  (The times that I've forgotten...  the smoke detector makes a great timer!)

or...

2) Trim the bushes that have grown up around the grill in my backyard, make sure the grill still exists under the shrubbery, turn on the propane (if there's still any in the tank) - then fire it up.  I don't feel compelled to play around with charcoal - I'm not looking for the fire to flavor the franks, but just to warm 'em up and get a nice "char" on 'em...

Your turn...
----------
*It's not really Gramma's cast iron skillet.  I don't think my "Gramma" ever used a cast iron skillet...  But - I - do...!
post edited by Wienie Will - 2011/09/06 05:38:11

21 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Trial Version 5.1