The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Salsa, fresh from the Garden

pnwchef

• Total Posts: 2251
Salsa, fresh from the Garden Mon, 09/12/11 8:04 PM (permalink)
It's that time of the year when we all have so many Tomatoes, we are looking for some way to use them. I do a "Tomato Concasse" then remove the seeds so I can freeze the tomato pulp. There are so many uses for tomatoes during the winter months when fresh tomatoes are awful.  My wife and I both love fresh from the garden salsa, we grow a lot of tomatoes for our Cafe, we also use a lot for home use. My Son grows a few different verities of Hot Peppers, so making a salsa is easy during the summer months. This is my idea of Salsa, my family likes it so it's a go. I want to have a salsa with flavor, not all heat from the peppers, the proper balance is important  for good quality, full flavored fresh from the garden salsa............

Tomato Pulp, seeds removed looks better in person

they call this onion "CANDY ONIONS", don't no way, I still cried peeling them, must have been candy tears

I pulsed the tomato pulp in the processer just to the point of a small chopped look

This is how it looks after all the chopping and blending

Testing bowl so I can see if the taste is right on, I chill the salsa over night so I can blend the spices, then alter if necessary.

had a taste

had to have a bowl

The only spices I use are Granulated garlic if I didn't add enough of the fresh garlic, Salt and pepper to taste, most salsas take a lot of salt to bring out the flavor. I plan on freezing this batch in freezer bags so we can enjoy our garden Salsa on a snowy winter day in front of the fire........................Enjoy..........pnwc

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
    • No New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    • Locked w/ New Messages
    • Locked w/o New Messages
    • Read Message
    • Post New Thread
    • Reply to message
    • Post New Poll
    • Submit Vote
    • Post reward post
    • Delete my own posts
    • Delete my own threads
    • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
    What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com