The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

crepe machine is a good kitchen equipment investment?

Carlyn.Faith

• Total Posts: 2
crepe machine is a good kitchen equipment investment? Fri, 09/16/11 1:45 AM (permalink)
My husband and I are planning to open our own coffee shop and we’re wondering is purchasing a crepe machine is a good kitchen equipment investment for such business?

Foodbme

• Total Posts: 9575
    Re:crepe machine is a good kitchen equipment investment? Fri, 09/16/11 4:23 AM (permalink)
    Need more info. Tell us what else you plan to sell besides coffee and maybe Crepes. Have you got a location? is it big enough to house a machine? Power source? More info please!! 

Abrielle.Samson

• Total Posts: 1
      Re:crepe machine is a good kitchen equipment investment? Fri, 09/16/11 6:28 AM (permalink)
      I think having a crepe machine on your kitchen is a good investment considering the things that you can do using the machine itself.   I would save you a lot of time preparing different types of crepes.  I purchased one just recently at acecater [dot] com [dot] au and will be giving it as a gift to my sister on her wedding. :)

mar52

• Total Posts: 7609
        Re:crepe machine is a good kitchen equipment investment? Fri, 09/16/11 11:11 AM (permalink)
        I'm jaded.

I jump the gun most of the time.

Have we been set up?

Seems that the post prior to this one is mentioning a site in Australia when the first poster who spammed this post in the Off Topic Forum is also from Australia.

JodyP

• Total Posts: 322
          Re:crepe machine is a good kitchen equipment investment? Fri, 09/16/11 2:32 PM (permalink)
          I can’t imagine what shipping for a crepe machine to here would be.

However, I did see that a new franchise that is coming to Metro Atlanta is a Coffee and Crepe Shop. Don’t know much about it. Did see a guy doing crepes at a festival we did last week. It is a pretty neat concept. He had two propane fired crepe machines and did the batter pour and spread it with a crepe paddle. He offered sweet or meat filled crepes.

Parrot Cage

• Total Posts: 82
            Re:crepe machine is a good kitchen equipment investment? Mon, 09/19/11 7:38 AM (permalink)
            I would love to do crepes, but I don't think they would go over well up here.

crepeflipper

• Total Posts: 18
              Re:crepe machine is a good kitchen equipment investment? Sun, 02/12/12 11:03 PM (permalink)
              It depends.
              You make make really nice crepes in crepe pans.  At our B&B I made crepes for 10-20 people, nice and easy.

Now we use 15" propane crepe grills for our mobile food cart/tent setup and 13" electric  ones for indoor events.

Par of the fun of crepes is people watching - so if you are putting your grille back in the kitchen out of site, I'd probably go for a crepe pan or a countertop electric.

The Tibco grill (110V) on amazon can be found cheaper other places,  around $140 USD,  we like them but LOVE our gas grills, which cost a lot more.

Enjoy - crepes are a lot of fun and the creative ideas are endless, and you can easily incorporate local, season ingredients.  

Foodbme

• Total Posts: 9575
                Re:crepe machine is a good kitchen equipment investment? Sun, 02/12/12 11:07 PM (permalink)
                Parrot Cage

I would love to do crepes, but I don't think they would go over well up here.

You're probably right because that's what you think. You would lack the passion to make it happen.

agmccall

• Total Posts: 239
                  Re:crepe machine is a good kitchen equipment investment? Mon, 02/13/12 6:49 AM (permalink)
                  For the money you would spend on a decent crepe machine , you could probably buy 3 or 4 good crepe pans.   Used with a small cooktop now you have the ability to not only cook crepes but other things as well

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 2 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                    • No New Messages
                    • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                    • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                    • Locked w/ New Messages
                    • Locked w/o New Messages
                    • Read Message
                    • Post New Thread
                    • Reply to message
                    • Post New Poll
                    • Submit Vote
                    • Post reward post
                    • Delete my own posts
                    • Delete my own threads
                    • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                    What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com