The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

ThanksgivingDinner: East Coast?

NYNM

• Total Posts: 3037
ThanksgivingDinner: East Coast? Sun, 09/18/11 2:04 PM (permalink)
I live in NYC, my sister lives in Albany, NY. Last year we started the tradition of going away for Thanksgiving Weekend, and eating in an unusual place with a sepcial Thanksgiving Dinner.

Last year we did Longwood Gardens (PA) Thanksgiving, and it was excellent.

We are looking for suggestions for this year. Any place within 5-6 hours from NYC, since we will be staying all weekend. We are considering Plimouth Plantation, also City Tavern in Pennsylvania. We also could drive as far as Williamsburg VA up to Maine, and places inland. 

Ideas??

6star

• Total Posts: 4388
    Re:ThanksgivingDinner: East Coast? Sun, 09/18/11 5:03 PM (permalink)
    If you are serious about Plimoth Plantation, you need to get your reservations in immediately!  They are already sold out for their 11 am and 2:30 pm dinners and only have left their 6 pm meal (and their Friday seating), according to their website.  Their buffets are still available.
    http://www.plimoth.org/dining-functions/thanksgiving-dining-special-events/thanksgiving-dining

6star

• Total Posts: 4388
      Re:ThanksgivingDinner: East Coast? Sun, 09/18/11 5:20 PM (permalink)
      Williamsburg: Four Taverns and the Williamsburg Lodge are serving Thanksgiving Dinner.  Reservations available now for hotel guests, or starting September 26 for the general public. 
      http://www.colonialwilliamsburg.com/visit/eventsAndExhibits/calendar/index.cfm#show_undefined

waltpiii

Re:ThanksgivingDinner: East Coast? Mon, 09/19/11 10:43 AM (permalink)
        I have two suggestions the Publik House in Sturbridge, MA or The Salem Cross Inn in West Brookfield, MA

Resevations are necessary.

Walt

NYNM

• Total Posts: 3037
          Re:ThanksgivingDinner: East Coast? Mon, 09/19/11 3:23 PM (permalink)
          Thanks so far.

We are now looking at "Hunt Country" in Virginia, specifically Red Fox Inn in Middleburg. We are thinking of it because we can go to Inn at Little Washington the night before.

waltpiii

Re:ThanksgivingDinner: East Coast? Tue, 09/20/11 1:38 PM (permalink)
            It has been years since I was there.  But our dinners wers fantastic. But this was not a Holiday meal.

Walt

Williamsburger

• Total Posts: 395
              Re:ThanksgivingDinner: East Coast? Thu, 09/22/11 10:54 AM (permalink)
              Certainly not traditional, but excellent - Le Yaca in Williamsburg VA. My family has done this in the past and it has been wonderful.

If you visit W'burg at Thanksgiving you might enjoy visiting Jamestown Settlement where they have special event called "Foods and Feasts". Lots of volunteers join the regular staff in preparing/preserving food as they would have in the time the English first arrived in Virginia. All the outdoor living history area participate - Powhatan Village, English Fort and the Recreated Ships. Unfortunately, the food cannot be shared with visitors, as the outdoors area are up to the health code.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 2 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                • No New Messages
                • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                • Locked w/ New Messages
                • Locked w/o New Messages
                • Read Message
                • Post New Thread
                • Reply to message
                • Post New Poll
                • Submit Vote
                • Post reward post
                • Delete my own posts
                • Delete my own threads
                • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com