Restaurants in movies

Author
Vince Macek
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 858
2011/09/29 18:33:57 (permalink)

Restaurants in movies

Today's entry coincides with my going to Jackson, MS next week to do some work - I was intending to get to the Mayflower down the way, and I see from another website that it had been recently used as a location in the movie "The Help".  I started wondering how many other places I'd been to that had appeared in film, and got:
- Arcade Cafe, Memphis, TN - got taken there when I was visiting a branch office and later got a case of deja vu seeing it in Jim Jarmusch's "Mystery Train".
- Carine's, Fort Bragg, CA - On business again...I went there specifically because I'd seen it was used in "The Russians Are Coming, The Russians Are Coming". Great place, really nice folks, they told me how they'd opened up a bit of wall to film through.
- Wheel Inn, Cabazon, CA - stopped in late at night for some coffee among the cement dinosaurs, maybe ten years before "Pee-wee's Big Adventure".
- The Tides, Bodega Bay, CA - I think I was there some 25 years ago...the inside looked like that scene in "The Birds", but I later learned that was a movie set. Visited again much later and it had been remodeled and enlarged beyond recognition.
Anybody else have a place as seen in the movies? And say, what's the place used at the beginning/end of "Pulp Fiction"?

31 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1