Bon Ton Mini Mart Catfish

Author
Louis
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 725
2011/10/21 16:29:56 (permalink)

Bon Ton Mini Mart Catfish

I just tried a new permanent item at the Bon Ton Mini Mart in Henderson, KY.  Many on this board have tasted and thoroughly enjoyed their unique fried chicken.  Well now they've applied the same technique of chicken preparation to fried catfish--and the result is that--believe it or not--it actually surpasses their fried chicken in sensory overload.

It takes a minute for your tongue to get used to it; the flavor creeps up on you.  When I tried it, the first bite was interesting (tasty but slightly bland); the second bite was more interesting (more tasty and not bland at all); by the third bite my tastebuds were overwhelmed with flavor.

It is prepared in the same way--immersed for 24 hours in that marinade that makes the Bon Ton fried chicken so unique.  But what makes it even better when this preparation is applied to catfish is its shape.  Whereas the Bon Ton fried chicken usually has rather large pieces in which (sometimes) the marinade doesn't fully penetrate to the core, by contrast, the catfish, which is thin by nature, the marinade not only penetrates to the center, it seems as if it has soaked through several times over.  Five minutes after I had consumed my meal and drank a half-cup of coffee, I could still taste that Bon Ton marinade.  The flavor wouldn't go away.

The Bon Ton told me that they would be offering this taste treat on Monday through Thursday from 3 to 7 (when they close), and on Friday from 11 to 7.

They also are introducing steak to their evening menu.  I'll have to drop by next week and see what that's all about.

13 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1