Shamus T Bones in Humboldt County, CA...

Author
BackRhodes
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 726
2011/10/27 01:47:45 (permalink)

Shamus T Bones in Humboldt County, CA...

I have a new place to add to my "A-List"

Shamus T Bones in Carlotta, Humboldt County, CA...

(LINK

It was my neighbors birthday, so we went not sure of the destination (an ad was heard on a radio station)...

5 miles east of US Hwy 101 (at Afton) is Carlotta...and a big neon sign tells you you arrived at  Shamus T Bones (not exactly the Gaelic spelling)...

The water was good, the coffee was good...the brisket was fork tender, the ribs moist with good bark...the sides were mashed potato (topped with cheese) and beef chili (shredded beef with a few beans)...

The theme is totally cowboy...which is exactly right up my alley...and as soon as I heard the music selection on the music system I was happy...very heavy on Asleep At The Wheel, and other Texas swing tunes...lots of cowboy pictures on the walls...

We got there just as they were opening up for dinner, were the first customers...the bread appetizer was a cornbread in the shape of a muffin...and soon other patrons walked in and were seated...

Definately on my list of places to go to AGAIN...it would be easy to drive right past this place on Calif Hwy 36 IF you miss the large BBQ sign...but if so you sure want to hang a U turn and stop and eat bbq in the redwoods...

I bought a bottle of their mild bbq sauce to take home...the same as served on each table...

707-768-3316 

www.shamustbones.com

Yum...!!!

post edited by BackRhodes - 2011/10/27 01:56:26

1 Reply Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1