Hot!The next Contingent gathering...Sun Wah!

Author
abe_froeman
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 707
2011/11/13 18:32:44 (permalink)

The next Contingent gathering...Sun Wah!

Some of you may still be digesting from the Chicago-Milwaukee tour two weeks ago, but it's time to start looking ahead to the next Contingent get-together, and I think I've found just the place.  

Sun Wah BBQ

I went there for the first time last night, and I'm pretty sure I could die happy now.

Regrettably, I did not take pictures, but here's some from other sources:

The Beijing Duck, part 1:
I've never had it before, so I'm not sure if this is how they do it in other restaurants.  The whole duck is brought to your table and carved there.  They give you bao, the little steamed buns, hoisin sauce and some pickled and julienned veggies...the resulting sandwich is a little pillow of happiness.

The Beijing Duck, part 2 (scroll down that post a little for what happens to that duck carcass!):
They take the torso of the duck away and several minutes later, it returns in the form of duck fried rice and duck soup.  

We also ordered the Beef Chow Fun (scroll down that post a little for the picture) and the Pork Belly With Taro Cake, and we were not disappointed.  

All of that food for 4 people (with everyone going home with leftovers) was $20/head, including a 20% tip.

They are very capable of serving large groups, so I think this would be a great pre- or post- holiday excursion.  My guess is that most people's schedules will be more flexible in January, but throw some dates out there even if they're in December and maybe there will be one that works....now if there's a blizzard that day...

240 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1