Indiana-Kentucky

Author
phlmaestro
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 391
2011/11/18 17:50:54 (permalink)

Indiana-Kentucky

This is one of those older trips I mentioned on the thread I started a little while ago.
We were visiting my wife's friends in Bloomington, IN and took a little side trip. In a small town balled Brownstown in southern Indiana, we stopped off at a classic little small-town luncheonette called Brock's Restaurant for lunch.
My wife, her friend and I all had the day's special, which was a pan-fried chicken platter with mashed potatoes and vegetables. I also had a very good piece of coconut pie, while my wife and her friend enjoyed their rhubarb pie:

In Bloomington, we went to a place called Bub's. I believe there is one other Bub's in Indiana. They make both beef and elk burgers. I had an elk burger. The picture isn't very good because the cheese gets in the way. But I liked the taste of the elk and will probably go back there the next time we're in Bloomington. We all shared sweet potato waffle fried, which came with a marshmallow dipping sauce. One of the people we were with also ordered a chocolate malt:

post edited by phlmaestro - 2012/04/17 17:28:18

42 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1