The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Harmon's BBQ in Cibolo ,Tx burns

HollyDolly

• Total Posts: 1065
Harmon's BBQ in Cibolo ,Tx burns Tue, 11/22/11 2:46 PM (permalink)
Just wanted to let folks here in the San Antonio and Randolph AF Base area know that harmon's BBQ had a fire last night. I heard it apparently started last night in the kitchen area.
You can see the black smoke stains on the building,and the roof apparently collapsed.Just heard about it hear at work. It's close to where I work, and they have good bbq.
There are plans or so I heard that they plan to continue in business despite the fire,so I assume they must have insurance. By the way, the pit area where they cook the meat is out in a small building to the side near the railroad tracks. Don't know if there were any damages to the stores next door from the fire.
For those who don't  know downtown Cibolo,Harmon's is at the end of a row of stores,all housed side by side in a brick building built in the 1900s. Good thing the fire didn't jump across the train tracks or spread further,as it could have taken out more buildings. Far as I know, the fire was mainly confined to Harmon's.

xstcher2108

• Total Posts: 1
    Re:Harmon's BBQ in Cibolo ,Tx burns Wed, 11/30/11 5:29 PM (permalink)
    The fire was contained to the kitchen and main dining area.  Last I heard from the owners is that they will continue to be open as "to go orders" and working on setting up a very small dining area.  Despite the fire they still smoked Thanksgiving turkeys for the customers who had ordered them. 

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 2 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
      • No New Messages
      • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
      • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
      • Locked w/ New Messages
      • Locked w/o New Messages
      • Read Message
      • Post New Thread
      • Reply to message
      • Post New Poll
      • Submit Vote
      • Post reward post
      • Delete my own posts
      • Delete my own threads
      • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
      What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com