The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

bbq sauce on top pork sandwich or mixed in.

neckbone

• Total Posts: 11
bbq sauce on top pork sandwich or mixed in. Fri, 11/25/11 8:10 AM (permalink)
Should a bbq sauce be put last on top as a compliment to the pork sandwich or mixed in. When i get a pork sandwich and they mix the sauce in with the pork i get the feeling they are covering up the taste of the pork with tons of sauce.I believe if you have a great smokey pork sandwich that just a little sauce is needed.How does everybody else feel about this?

KurtSara

• Total Posts: 181
    Re:bbq sauce on top pork sandwich or mixed in. Fri, 11/25/11 9:26 AM (permalink)
    neckbone

Should a bbq sauce be put last on top as a compliment to the pork sandwich or mixed in. When i get a pork sandwich and they mix the sauce in with the pork i get the feeling they are covering up the taste of the pork with tons of sauce.I believe if you have a great smokey pork sandwich that just a little sauce is needed.How does everybody else feel about this?

in our vending trailer the sign says "we have nothing to hide so the sauce is on the side"

Large Man

• Total Posts: 75
      Re:bbq sauce on top pork sandwich or mixed in. Fri, 11/25/11 9:51 AM (permalink)
      I agree with you on the pre-sauced meat.  I will eat any barbecue, but really prefer to sauce it myself.  I like to taste the meat and the type of smoke used to cook it whether it be hickory, oak, apple, cherry or mesquite.  Then I'll sauce the living hell out of it if the sauce is any good.  If the sauce isn't good, I still have the meat. 

felix4067

• Total Posts: 3289
        Re:bbq sauce on top pork sandwich or mixed in. Fri, 11/25/11 2:31 PM (permalink)
        I like a little sauce mixed in, but prefer the bulk of it on the side so I can decide how much to use.

JRPfeff

• Total Posts: 2367
          Re:bbq sauce on top pork sandwich or mixed in. Fri, 11/25/11 3:04 PM (permalink)
          I have judged a few barbecue competitions. In the training they stress that it is a meat contest, not a sauce contest.  However, the pork that is served swimming in sauce usually gets higher marks from the other judges than the plain or lightly sauced pork.  I prefer mine without sauce. The flavor or the smoke and the dry rub is usually all that is needed.

Sundancer7

Re:bbq sauce on top pork sandwich or mixed in. Fri, 11/25/11 3:09 PM (permalink)
            KurtSara

neckbone

in our vending trailer the sign says "we have nothing to hide so the sauce is on the side"

Great sign and I agree, sauce on the side everytime.

Paul E. Smith
            Knoxville, TN

neckbone

• Total Posts: 11
              Re:bbq sauce on top pork sandwich or mixed in. Fri, 11/25/11 10:27 PM (permalink)
              Thanks folks! My thoughts exactly.

lleechef

• Total Posts: 6208
                Re:bbq sauce on top pork sandwich or mixed in. Sat, 11/26/11 8:19 AM (permalink)
                Sauce on the side for me too.

Foodbme

• Total Posts: 9526
                  Re:bbq sauce on top pork sandwich or mixed in. Sat, 11/26/11 9:57 AM (permalink)
                  Good smokey, juicy Que don't need no stinkin' sauce!
                  Ain't never found any sauce as good as my Bride's.
                  Even hers goes on the side ifin' I use any.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 2 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                    • No New Messages
                    • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                    • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                    • Locked w/ New Messages
                    • Locked w/o New Messages
                    • Read Message
                    • Post New Thread
                    • Reply to message
                    • Post New Poll
                    • Submit Vote
                    • Post reward post
                    • Delete my own posts
                    • Delete my own threads
                    • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                    What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com