The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

The Cuisinart Griddler advertises on Roadfood

MetroplexJim

• Total Posts: 3706
The Cuisinart Griddler advertises on Roadfood Wed, 11/30/11 8:55 AM (permalink)
Fantastic! 

Mrs. Metro and I LOVE this product and I really appreciate their support for our "little playpen".

We have enjoyed this "little" appliance for four years now and is is still functionally "like new".  I heartily endorse it here and now as I have done several times over the past several years in these Forums.

It is more than just Cuisinarts "take" on the Forman Grill: it has a sear setting that makes for a fantastic "indoor steak" without the smoke and fuss of using a cast iron skillet or grill piece.  And clean-up is a snap as the grill (and griddle) plates can be put in the dishwasher.

Even though it is available at Kohl's, Macy's, BB&B, etc. for $99. - $129., I see it  always in stock at both Sam's and Costco for $59.

While I'm at it, let me also "plug" CharCrust.  I've seen this marvelous product even at the local Wal-Mart.  If you can't find it:  www.charcrust.com .

"Recipe":  get meat (we use ribeye from Sam's or Costco for $6.99/#), rub liberally with CharCrust (we favor the Original Hickory flavor), let the meat rise to room temperature.  Set your Griddler to "sear" and sear for 2 minutes; dial the heat down to medium and grill to desired doneness.  We get a very juicy "medium well" (Mrs. Metro insists) in 7 additional minutes on a 1.25" cut.  Let the meat rest for 5 minutes and enjoy.

I also works great for burgers, chicken breats, and fish; just "fiddle" with the temps for chicken and fish. 

(Sorry for all the overuse of "smilies", but if you get a Griddler and use CharCrust, you'll be smiling too!)

Any other Griddler or CharCrust users out there? 

<message edited by MetroplexJim on Wed, 11/30/11 9:00 AM>

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
    • No New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    • Locked w/ New Messages
    • Locked w/o New Messages
    • Read Message
    • Post New Thread
    • Reply to message
    • Post New Poll
    • Submit Vote
    • Post reward post
    • Delete my own posts
    • Delete my own threads
    • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
    What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com