The Cuisinart Griddler advertises on Roadfood

Author
MetroplexJim
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 4205
2011/11/30 08:55:11 (permalink)

The Cuisinart Griddler advertises on Roadfood

Fantastic! 

Mrs. Metro and I LOVE this product and I really appreciate their support for our "little playpen".

We have enjoyed this "little" appliance for four years now and is is still functionally "like new".  I heartily endorse it here and now as I have done several times over the past several years in these Forums.

It is more than just Cuisinarts "take" on the Forman Grill: it has a sear setting that makes for a fantastic "indoor steak" without the smoke and fuss of using a cast iron skillet or grill piece.  And clean-up is a snap as the grill (and griddle) plates can be put in the dishwasher.

Even though it is available at Kohl's, Macy's, BB&B, etc. for $99. - $129., I see it  always in stock at both Sam's and Costco for $59.

While I'm at it, let me also "plug" CharCrust.  I've seen this marvelous product even at the local Wal-Mart.  If you can't find it:  www.charcrust.com .

"Recipe":  get meat (we use ribeye from Sam's or Costco for $6.99/#), rub liberally with CharCrust (we favor the Original Hickory flavor), let the meat rise to room temperature.  Set your Griddler to "sear" and sear for 2 minutes; dial the heat down to medium and grill to desired doneness.  We get a very juicy "medium well" (Mrs. Metro insists) in 7 additional minutes on a 1.25" cut.  Let the meat rest for 5 minutes and enjoy.

I also works great for burgers, chicken breats, and fish; just "fiddle" with the temps for chicken and fish. 

(Sorry for all the overuse of "smilies", but if you get a Griddler and use CharCrust, you'll be smiling too!)

Any other Griddler or CharCrust users out there? 

post edited by MetroplexJim - 2011/11/30 09:00:09

28 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1