The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

International Grocery Market

gottatravel

• Total Posts: 68
International Grocery Market Wed, 02/18/04 8:16 PM (permalink)
A month or so ago there was an article about a huge International Food Market somewhere in New Jersey. Now that the weather has calmed I was planning a trip on Thursday but I can't find the story/article. Can anyone out there remember what it was. Thanks for any assistance.

arianej

• Total Posts: 205
    RE: International Grocery Market Tue, 02/24/04 10:01 PM (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by gottatravel

A month or so ago there was an article about a huge International Food Market somewhere in New Jersey. Now that the weather has calmed I was planning a trip on Thursday but I can't find the story/article. Can anyone out there remember what it was. Thanks for any assistance.

Could this be it?

http://www.chowhound.com/dinner/dinner.html
    (first article)

I've been wanting to go there myself.

Ariane

Grampy

• Total Posts: 1559
      RE: International Grocery Market Wed, 02/25/04 10:32 AM (permalink)
      There is a fantastic Indian market - Bombay Market - in Nanuet, in a set of shops right before the mall.

chezkatie

• Total Posts: 1329
        RE: International Grocery Market Wed, 02/25/04 11:49 AM (permalink)
        You will love the International Food Market in Lodi, NJ. I went there last year and thought that I would have to get new springs form my car because I was so loaded down. I could have spent the whole day and more there!

ocdreamr

• Total Posts: 1109
          RE: International Grocery Market Wed, 02/25/04 2:18 PM (permalink)
          Chezkatie,

Sounds like an outing to me... maybe a U-Haul if it's the two of us!!

gottatravel

• Total Posts: 68
            RE: International Grocery Market Thu, 02/26/04 6:42 PM (permalink)
            Thank you all for your reply's. Yes it was the chowhound link which I did finally find. I started to head for Lodi, NJ however I missed a few important turns somewhere and wound up close to Atlantic City. I will try it again at a later date and let you all know how it is, it sure sounds great. I am off to Florida on Monday to drive a friend there. Thanks again for all your inputs.

chezkatie

• Total Posts: 1329
              RE: International Grocery Market Thu, 02/26/04 7:09 PM (permalink)
              quote:
              Originally posted by ocdreamr

Chezkatie,

Sounds like an outing to me... maybe a U-Haul if it's the two of us!!

It's a deal~~~~~~~~~~~~but have to advise you that it is 212 miles from Baltimore! So we will have to figure the best time to leave to have the most amount of time there as we surely will need it! I am making a list right now.

Hiram Callahan

• Total Posts: 116
                RE: International Grocery Market Thu, 02/26/04 7:51 PM (permalink)
                quote:

Thank you all for your reply's. Yes it was the chowhound link which I did finally find. I started to head for Lodi, NJ however I missed a few important turns somewhere and wound up close to Atlantic City. I will try it again at a later date and let you all know how it is, it sure sounds great. I am off to Florida on Monday to drive a friend there. Thanks again for all your inputs.

GT & all --

I know where this place is. It's a terrible pity that I've driven past it many times. I will not do so again! Anyway, when the time comes, shoot me an e-mail--or leave a post--and I'll talk you through it.

marberthenad

• Total Posts: 509
                  RE: International Grocery Market Tue, 08/24/04 2:23 AM (permalink)
                  Have you had a chance to go? We used to go to an "international" store in Jersey City, but from the article in Chowhound, that sounds like it was a corner store by comparison .... we live in DC now, but do get back to Jersey once in a while ....
                  quote:

carlton pierre

• Total Posts: 2500
                    RE: International Grocery Market Sat, 03/19/05 6:14 AM (permalink)
                    I'm surprised no one has started a thread on Jungle Jim's grocery store in Cincinnati. It is a food museum IMO and I figure a store where the aisles (some of them) are labeled with country names would be called an int'l grocery store.

Donna Douglass

• Total Posts: 508
                      RE: International Grocery Market Sat, 03/19/05 7:07 AM (permalink)
                      I could wax poetic about Jungle Jim's forever and ever......it is awesome. So much fun, so interesting, so educational. We go there about three times a year and meet our son and daughter-in-law there and all of us truly love the adventure. Our kids live in Dayton which is a bit closer to Jim's than we so daughterin-law goes more often than we but we make each trip count when we do go.

There is no way one can see everything there in just one day. Unbelievable. Hope the other international stores mentioned are as wonderful as this.

I truly believe, if it is edible, it is available at Jungle Jim's.

Donna

Tumbleweed365

• Total Posts: 179
                        RE: International Grocery Market Sat, 03/19/05 7:57 AM (permalink)
                        I am incredibly luck enough to do ALL my shopping at Jungle Jim's and have not been in another grocery in years! Anything you want or need is either there, or they will find a way to get it.
                        I have a grand daughter with Celiac Disease, necessitating a Gluten Free Diet, which can be an expensive and frightening aituation. JJ's has a resource person and info sheets on all manner of food related illnesses, and will help you find what foods are necessary in your case. I had shopped at JJ's for yearswas was not aware of this service untill she was diagnosed. They have been a Godsend for us.

germancook

• Total Posts: 43
                          RE: International Grocery Market Thu, 08/4/05 12:03 AM (permalink)

There is a large International Market in Kirkwood,Missouri called "the Global International Market". Also " Jays International Market" in St.Louis on Grand Ave. The both carry large amounts of International food items and they are not expensive.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                            • No New Messages
                            • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                            • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                            • Locked w/ New Messages
                            • Locked w/o New Messages
                            • Read Message
                            • Post New Thread
                            • Reply to message
                            • Post New Poll
                            • Submit Vote
                            • Post reward post
                            • Delete my own posts
                            • Delete my own threads
                            • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                            What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com