The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

LOS ANGELES HELP ME!! QUESTIONS ABOUT MY FOOD TRUCK--

zh3111

• Total Posts: 2
LOS ANGELES HELP ME!! QUESTIONS ABOUT MY FOOD TRUCK-- Fri, 12/16/11 4:00 PM (permalink)
Hello everyone. Zach here... I have a 2002 14ft Grumman Olson I am in the process of converting to a food truck. Los Angeles county requires to send in your plans before you start construction to be first approved. If anyone has had hands on experience with this plan approval process I would really appreciate any advice that might make the process go more smoothly. Also... I dont know what kind of generator to get and there's a plethora of choices? I know it has to be CARB compliant but thats about it. The quiet generators are what people suggest but are they better? I currently have 5,000 watts I am going to run in electricity on. I am looking at the Generac Quietpact 7,500. Onan is the best but way too expensive and do people really use those in food trucks and if not...what is the most popular generator found in Los Angeles food trucks? Also, I know most people use propane gas in LA and that the LA rules state the propane tanks can NOT be exposed...so where do people put the tanks? Also, the ventilation required in California is different from other states...in California there's seemingly no roof mounted suction fans, they are all of the back but they seem to be comprised of just fans....where do I find this ventilation system? PLEASE DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS WITH INFO I AM NOT SEEKING. I have a lot figured out already but theres just a few missing links so I really need specific answers...thank you so much:D

mar52

• Total Posts: 7599
    Re:LOS ANGELES HELP ME!! QUESTIONS ABOUT MY FOOD TRUCK-- Fri, 12/16/11 5:56 PM (permalink)
    Hi Zach,

You'd get a better response if you repost this in the professional's forum... down at the bottom of the list.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 2 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
      • No New Messages
      • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
      • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
      • Locked w/ New Messages
      • Locked w/o New Messages
      • Read Message
      • Post New Thread
      • Reply to message
      • Post New Poll
      • Submit Vote
      • Post reward post
      • Delete my own posts
      • Delete my own threads
      • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
      What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com