I was looking through the Hot Dog section and found this disturbing thread:

Author
Russ Jackson
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 2257
2012/01/10 09:41:41 (permalink)

I was looking through the Hot Dog section and found this disturbing thread:

http://www.roadfood.com/Forums/Hot-Dog-recipes-m672103.aspx

Is it just me or is this a little excessive? Activity at one time on this site was vibrant and informative. Not saying it isn't of value now, but nowhere near the levels of where it once was. This was the go to site for great local spots to eat, camaraderie, humor based banter, and some of the best true recipes (not copy and paste) for regional and original on the entire net. I was proud to post some of my favorite secrets here. I found the knowledge and insight to be second to none. I was proud to be a part of it. It was once a regular part of my day, week and life.

It was up-to-date and fresh. Ever growing and evolving. I used to laugh very hard at well thought posts from strong minds. I was allowed into the roadfood community more and more over the course of time. Took me a long time to get into the Bay Corn Family. An exclusive club open to to the regulars while initiating new posters to our online humor. Trying to figure What the Heck we were talking about. 

Members have come and gone and returned again. Site has changed a couple times. Changes that were met with protest and praise.  

Maybe I just miss the old days. But I don't think that's all of it. The regulars need to be better shill's for the site including the Mod's. Maybe add some fresh Mod's. Add some new categories, remove some of the weak ones or consolidate,  put the lighter fare on the main page. 

Attitude seems to be going through a down turn and it should stop. It's just my opinion...Russ

146 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1