Carry-Out versus Dine-In

Author
jman
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 1364
2012/01/12 15:09:55 (permalink)

Carry-Out versus Dine-In

There is always a lot of discussion here about the quality, or more accurately, the lack of quality of the offerings of the various FF chains.

I don't go to a FF restaurant with the anticipation of getting a very good meal.  I go there for convenience, and roll the dice as to where the results end up.  As long as I can eat what I ordered, I pretty much accept it for what it is.

IMO, the best opportunity to get a "good" meal at a FF restaurant is to walk in, ask them to cook my order fresh, and sit down and eat it.  If I go through the drive-thru, I know that by the time I get it home, it's going to be something less that what I'd really like it to be.

For instance, if I go into a Wendy's and order a double and eat it there, most of the time it tastes pretty good.  If I go into Burger King, order a Whopper and ask them to cook it fresh and not to microwave it, and then sit down and eat it, it's usually pretty good.

There isn't much FF fare that holds up well during the trip home/office.  To me, it's more about managing my expectations.  If I go in and eat, I expect it to meet my standards of "tasting good".  If I drive-thru and take it home, I expect it to be edible, but mostly expect it to satisfy a hunger.  For me, that's the way it is no matter which FF chain I go to.

7 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1