The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Hostess files for bankruptcy

Eric B

• Total Posts: 103
Hostess files for bankruptcy Sat, 01/14/12 4:19 PM (permalink)
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970204257504577154402317896574.html?KEYWORDS=hostess+brands

I myself wished that Hstess and Wonder (the former CBC brands) would be picked up by Kraft-General Foods or Frito-Lay. They seemed to fit in with those major brands more. Drakes and Dolly would then compete with it again. 
But if they id that now, then perhaps IBC would still be in trouble, without its top selling  brand.

Perhaps if one one of those large companies just bough the whole thing. Then, perhaps Drakes and Dolly would get their separate identities back, being equal with Hostess, all under a bigger umbrella.

This article http://www.thestreet.com/story/11372755/1/twinkie-maker-hostess-files-for-bankruptcy.html says that Bimbo tried to buy it. That's now their main competitor in NYC (where Hostess and Drakes are on the same racks, so the rack next to them is now often Marinelas). So perhaps if Kraft or FritoLAy (or now perhaps Nabisco again, which was apparently split back off from Kraft last year), picked up Hostess, and then IBC sold itself to Marinelas. Then Hostess would have it's own rack again, and Drakes and Marinelas would be merged. (That would be more like the classic scene. I just liked always seeing the two brands next to each other, competing).

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 2 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
    • No New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    • Locked w/ New Messages
    • Locked w/o New Messages
    • Read Message
    • Post New Thread
    • Reply to message
    • Post New Poll
    • Submit Vote
    • Post reward post
    • Delete my own posts
    • Delete my own threads
    • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
    What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com