The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

Does anyone know where to get cheap menus printed?

Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 31 to 45 of 45
easydoesit

• Total Posts: 470
Re:Does anyone know where to get cheap menus printed? Wed, 02/8/12 3:01 AM (permalink)
dimmie2,
Please note my comment several posts up, about the regulars who ignore the newbies still having rules that the newbies should follow.

This is just more proof.

People like you and I better shape up!

Greymo

• Total Posts: 3667
    Re:Does anyone know where to get cheap menus printed? Wed, 02/8/12 10:19 AM (permalink)
    Take it easy  and live up to your name,  easydoesit!

chewingthefat

• Total Posts: 6100
      Re:Does anyone know where to get cheap menus printed? Wed, 02/8/12 12:16 PM (permalink)
      easydoesit

I have been here longer than you, chewingthefat, but then I don't have a business to promote, nor interest in some of the topics that you seem to enjoy, because, like some others, I too thought this place was to be mainly about food.

But I have also watched the bullies at work time and again, and been on receiving end of the Snidelys myself, early on in my joining here.

That is why I said in another post that this has been going on for years, and that's why I haven't been posting.

But I have been trying of late, including responding to your posts.  Is an attitude what I get back?

What a surprise.

Actually you haven't been here longer than me, not even close.
      I don't promote my business here, I show what a real Roadfood restaurant serves, you have never seen me mention the name of my place, perhaps you read about it in the Stern's last two editions of their bestseller "Roadfood".
      The fact that we have different interests is of zero consequence to me, I post recipes, pictures of finished product, and comment on many various topics posted.No you don't have to post topics but your insecurity about your status here, and others who in your opinion dominate the site, is pitiful. Check your house, it's glass.

felix4067

• Total Posts: 3305
        Re:Does anyone know where to get cheap menus printed? Wed, 02/8/12 12:16 PM (permalink)
        Good lord. Have we somehow been transported back to third grade? It's the internet. Just like in actual life, some people are obnoxious, others won't like you, others will make you feel bad, some will defend you to the death, some will think you're stupid, and others will be your best friends.

If someone is bothering you (or someone else) in a manner which is against the rules for this forum, then report them to the moderators. If you just don't like them or what they talk about, then just ignore them and refrain from opening the threads you know they are active in or that are titled something you don't like.

chewingthefat

Re:Does anyone know where to get cheap menus printed? Wed, 02/8/12 12:25 PM (permalink)
          dimmie2

chewingthefat

Really? You have been here nearly 5 years, zero record of topics posted, and your throwing bricks at the folks that keep this board alive...AMAZING!

Does it really matter if a member starts topics? 
          I've been a member a little over a year and I've not started any topics.  I didn't realize it was a requirement for membership.

No Dimmie, it doesn't matter, you know that. You also know it's not a requirement for membership.  

easydoesit

Re:Does anyone know where to get cheap menus printed? Wed, 02/8/12 2:02 PM (permalink)
            Note to Felix.
            I surely agree with you about the third grade attitude, but regarding your advice about ignoring what you don't like, let me point out that I have NEVER addressed a post to this gentleman, except for a day or so ago, when I was quite complimentary to his bowl of soup.

So to whom were you addressing your chideful remarks?

easydoesit

Re:Does anyone know where to get cheap menus printed? Wed, 02/8/12 2:04 PM (permalink)
              To greymo,
              I'll be glad to take it easy -- when you do.  Did you have to jump in too?  Please read felix.

easydoesit

Re:Does anyone know where to get cheap menus printed? Wed, 02/8/12 2:16 PM (permalink)
                To chewingthefat,
                Yes, this is getting silly, but I am not going to be browbeaten by you!  

But I am going to review what has happened here:
                Your complaint against me is that apparently I am not participating enough in this game.  I have explained why I have not, based on early personal experience.

Now, what will be the result of your attacks on me?  Just recently, I was trying to participate, and maybe extend an olive branch, when I remarked on how good your soup looked -- "beautiful and perfect" were the words I used, I believe.

But after this recent exchange, what would I be expected to do the next time you post your "non-publicity" pictures?

Will I jump on the bandwagon and tell you how good it looks, or will I refrain from remarking at all?

So -- you and your attacks on me have contributed to two things -- driving me further away, and reducing the amount of my participation, which is exactly what I am talking about.

I hope you can see that everything you are saying, everything, is only proving my point.

I'm pretty tired of this, so will stop now.  You can have the last word -- unless you want to get snarky, in which case I will snark you right back.

But I can see you have real talent in the kitchen, and will still enjoy looking at your photos, whether you like it or not.

chewingthefat

Re:Does anyone know where to get cheap menus printed? Wed, 02/8/12 5:06 PM (permalink)
                  Thanks for the compliment, keep enjoying the food pics!

easydoesit

Re:Does anyone know where to get cheap menus printed? Thu, 02/9/12 12:01 AM (permalink)
                    Thank YOU, chewingthefat.  May I call you chewy?

(I swear I did not post this to steal the last word.)

chewingthefat

Re:Does anyone know where to get cheap menus printed? Thu, 02/9/12 11:39 AM (permalink)
                      easydoesit

Thank YOU, chewingthefat.  May I call you chewy?

(I swear I did not post this to steal the last word.)

Chewy is fine, lots of folks do.

felix4067

Re:Does anyone know where to get cheap menus printed? Thu, 02/9/12 2:02 PM (permalink)
                        easydoesit

Note to Felix.
                        I surely agree with you about the third grade attitude, but regarding your advice about ignoring what you don't like, let me point out that I have NEVER addressed a post to this gentleman, except for a day or so ago, when I was quite complimentary to his bowl of soup.

So to whom were you addressing your chideful remarks?

Every single person in this thread, new or otherwise, who is participating in the petty bickering.

easydoesit

Re:Does anyone know where to get cheap menus printed? Thu, 02/9/12 2:07 PM (permalink)
                          It was over, but you had to throw that in.  How gracious.

felix4067

Re:Does anyone know where to get cheap menus printed? Thu, 02/9/12 2:13 PM (permalink)
                            Gosh, I'm sorry. I haven't been here since yesterday, and you'd asked me a question I thought deserved an answer. Because unlike some, I tend not to ignore questions when they are addressed to me.

easydoesit

Re:Does anyone know where to get cheap menus printed? Thu, 02/9/12 2:30 PM (permalink)
                              OK.  I truly hope we can just be done with this.  I'm tired of it.  And I'm always looking for friends.

But I don't get bullied, and I don't get preached to.

But is it really petty bickering, or a larger issue here, as even the moderators have remarked?  On a positive note, I'm seeing evidence that many people here are making a sincere effort to welcome newcomers, and that can only be good for all.

Thanks for the smiley face.  Backatcha.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
                                Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 31 to 45 of 45

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 2 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                                • No New Messages
                                • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                                • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                                • Locked w/ New Messages
                                • Locked w/o New Messages
                                • Read Message
                                • Post New Thread
                                • Reply to message
                                • Post New Poll
                                • Submit Vote
                                • Post reward post
                                • Delete my own posts
                                • Delete my own threads
                                • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                                What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com