The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

"Hey Batter Batter, Sah WING Batter" Baseball 2012

Change Page: < 12345678 | Showing page 8 of 8, messages 211 to 230 of 230
MetroplexJim

• Total Posts: 3705
Re:"Hey Batter Batter, Sah WING Batter" Baseball 2012 Mon, 10/15/12 7:37 AM (permalink)
After watching the Cardinals - twice within one strike of elimination - beating the Rangers in last year's WS I thought they may have made a deal with the devil.

Now, even without Pujols and LaRussa, I'm certain.

Humor aside, congratulations to the best fans in baseball.

Michael Hoffman

• Total Posts: 17828
    Re:"Hey Batter Batter, Sah WING Batter" Baseball 2012 Mon, 10/15/12 10:43 AM (permalink)
    Thank you very much. We Giants fans are very proud of our team.

mr chips

• Total Posts: 4715
      Re:"Hey Batter Batter, Sah WING Batter" Baseball 2012 Mon, 10/15/12 10:22 PM (permalink)
      Detroit is practically a lock. No Jeter for the Yanks and Verlander tomorrow.

love2bake

• Total Posts: 1273
        Re:"Hey Batter Batter, Sah WING Batter" Baseball 2012 Tue, 10/16/12 4:03 PM (permalink)
        Michael Hoffman

Thank you very much. We Giants fans are very proud of our team.

Yay--Michael!!!  I actually got to my first ever playoff game last night and saw them win against the Cards. Wheeee!

MetroplexJim

Re:"Hey Batter Batter, Sah WING Batter" Baseball 2012 Tue, 10/16/12 7:07 PM (permalink)
          mr chips

Frankly, the reason I am rooting for the Tigers is Jimmy Leyland.  Truly a shame that the Captain broke his ankle; "Class Act" in the dictionary is illustrated by his picture.

wanderingjew

• Total Posts: 7384
            • Roadfood Insider
            Re:"Hey Batter Batter, Sah WING Batter" Baseball 2012 Tue, 10/16/12 7:54 PM (permalink)
            MetroplexJim

mr chips

Frankly, the reason I am rooting for the Tigers is Jimmy Leyland.  Truly a shame that the Captain broke his ankle; "Class Act" in the dictionary is illustrated by his picture.

You must be from Pittsburgh, the only time I ever heard everyone refer to him as "Jimmy" Leyland was when I lived out there.

CCinNJ

• Total Posts: 7748
              Re:"Hey Batter Batter, Sah WING Batter" Baseball 2012 Tue, 10/16/12 9:21 PM (permalink)
              Congratulations to A-Rod for figuring out a way to hit on women for an entire game...without having to participate in the baseball game.

MetroplexJim

Re:"Hey Batter Batter, Sah WING Batter" Baseball 2012 Wed, 10/17/12 7:51 AM (permalink)
                wanderingjew

MetroplexJim

mr chips

You must be from Pittsburgh, the only time I ever heard everyone refer to him as "Jimmy" Leyland was when I lived out there.

Indeed:  born & raised near the Mighty 'Burgh.  Leyland's teams of the late '80's early '90's were talent-laden and well managed.  Truly sad that the owners did not pony up the $$$ to keep that group together.  When they let Barry Bonds go, I quit rooting for the Bucs.

ScreamingChicken

• Total Posts: 4724
                  Re:"Hey Batter Batter, Sah WING Batter" Baseball 2012 Wed, 10/17/12 9:14 AM (permalink)
                  It'll be interesting to see what the Yankees do with Jeter in 2013.  His range has been diminishing over the past few years and a broken ankle (which can mean a number of things) isn't going to help, but 3B isn't really an option...or is it?

mr chips

• Total Posts: 4715
                    Re:"Hey Batter Batter, Sah WING Batter" Baseball 2012 Wed, 10/17/12 11:45 PM (permalink)
                    MetroplexJim

mr chips

Jeter is a great baseball player and i just can't hate him. And ichiro brought me so much pleasure.  It has been fun watching AROD flounder.

MetroplexJim

Re:"Hey Batter Batter, Sah WING Batter" Baseball 2012 Thu, 10/18/12 7:46 AM (permalink)
                      mr chips

MetroplexJim

mr chips

Jeter is a great baseball player and i just can't hate him. And ichiro brought me so much pleasure.  It has been fun watching AROD flounder.

Hard to feel bad about the Yankees, but they still owe the washed-up 37 year-old A-Rod $27.5 million/year for another FIVE YEARS

(I wonder when the Angels will begin to regret owing the past-his-peak Pujols $24 million/year for the next nine years; the Cards whistled past that graveyard and are leading the Giants in the NLCS)? 

sizz

• Total Posts: 1682
                        Re:"Hey Batter Batter, Sah WING Batter" Baseball 2012 Tue, 10/23/12 7:11 PM (permalink)
                        MetroplexJim

After watching the Cardinals - twice within one strike of elimination - beating the Rangers in last year's WS I thought they may have made a deal with the devil.

San Francisco California:..........Last night the devil showed up at Giants stadium and collected on their deal with the Cardinals   
                        Go Giants.................... 

MetroplexJim

Re:"Hey Batter Batter, Sah WING Batter" Baseball 2012 Tue, 10/23/12 7:40 PM (permalink)
                          sizz

MetroplexJim

San Francisco California:..........Last night the devil showed up at Giants stadium and collected on their deal with the Cardinals   

And congrats for "being there" without the services of the MilkMan.

love2bake

Re:"Hey Batter Batter, Sah WING Batter" Baseball 2012 Tue, 10/23/12 10:17 PM (permalink)
                            sizz

MetroplexJim

It was a great game for us Giants fans!  After seeing what the Cardinals had done to the Nats, though, it was hard to relax about the game, even with a 6 or 7-point lead.  The rain storm at the end was crazy!

carlton pierre

• Total Posts: 2500
                              Re:"Hey Batter Batter, Sah WING Batter" Baseball 2012 Mon, 10/29/12 8:53 AM (permalink)
                              Congrats to the 2012 Giants for their World Series sweep!

ScreamingChicken

• Total Posts: 4724
                                Re:"Hey Batter Batter, Sah WING Batter" Baseball 2012 Mon, 10/29/12 9:51 AM (permalink)
                                Wow, did Cabrera and Fielder light it up or what?!?  Combined .148 average and 1 wind-aided homer in the WS and .218 in the postseason overall.  Jhonny Peralta matched them in total HR in less than half as many ABs...Jhonny Peralta!

sizz

• Total Posts: 1682
                                  Re:"Hey Batter Batter, Sah WING Batter" Baseball 2012 Mon, 10/29/12 11:03 AM (permalink)
                                  My Giants won it all in amazing champion form.......... now I can go back to my boat and do some fishing, the stripers are back in the SF Bay and fish tacos are on my mind   One GIANT SWEEP for mankind!

<message edited by sizz on Mon, 10/29/12 11:05 AM>

love2bake

Re:"Hey Batter Batter, Sah WING Batter" Baseball 2012 Mon, 10/29/12 2:49 PM (permalink)
                                    sizz

My Giants won it all in amazing champion form.......... now I can go back to my boat and do some fishing, the stripers are back in the SF Bay and fish tacos are on my mind   One GIANT SWEEP for mankind!

Yippeeeeee!!!  Great graphic, sizz.

buffetbuster

Re:"Hey Batter Batter, Sah WING Batter" Baseball 2012 Mon, 10/29/12 3:48 PM (permalink)
                                      As usual, the nice people at NMA of Taiwan have the best take on the World Series.

love2bake

Re:"Hey Batter Batter, Sah WING Batter" Baseball 2012 Tue, 10/30/12 3:52 PM (permalink)
                                        LMAO BB!!!  That's fantastic.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
                                          Change Page: < 12345678 | Showing page 8 of 8, messages 211 to 230 of 230

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 2 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                                          • No New Messages
                                          • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                                          • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                                          • Locked w/ New Messages
                                          • Locked w/o New Messages
                                          • Read Message
                                          • Post New Thread
                                          • Reply to message
                                          • Post New Poll
                                          • Submit Vote
                                          • Post reward post
                                          • Delete my own posts
                                          • Delete my own threads
                                          • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                                          What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com