Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

Jack in the Box coming to CINCINNATI

CajunKing

• Total Posts: 6317
  • Roadfood Insider

fishtaco

• Total Posts: 742
    Re:Jack in the Box coming to CINCINNATI Sat, 02/18/12 9:55 AM (permalink)
    One just opened in Indy, with three more scheduled to open this year. Love the Clown!

pnwchef

• Total Posts: 2234
      Re:Jack in the Box coming to CINCINNATI Sat, 02/18/12 10:26 AM (permalink)
      I would have lost a bet on this one, I thought Jack in the Crack had 100's of stores in every state. We have had them for years, and every place I travel to also has them. I remember stopping in a Jack in the crack in Hawaii a few years ago, I figured if they had them in Hawaii, they must be every where...............pnwc

ChrisOC

• Total Posts: 901
        Re:Jack in the Box coming to CINCINNATI Sat, 02/18/12 10:56 AM (permalink)
        I don't know of any in South Jersey.  Wow, I could go for a jumbo jack!

6star

• Total Posts: 4388
          Re:Jack in the Box coming to CINCINNATI Sat, 02/18/12 12:27 PM (permalink)
          pnwchef

I would have lost a bet on this one, I thought Jack in the Crack had 100's of stores in every state. We have had them for years, and every place I travel to also has them. I remember stopping in a Jack in the crack in Hawaii a few years ago, I figured if they had them in Hawaii, they must be every where...............pnwc

You must have limited your traveling to the following 20 states: AZ, CA, CO, HI, ID, IL, IN, KS, LA, MO, NV, NM, NC, OK, OR, SC, TN, TX, UT & WA.  And that doesn't even tell the whole story, since in Illinois, with 13 locations, they are all in southern Illinois, and in Kansas they are only near Kansas City, for example.

Foodbme

• Total Posts: 9551
            Re:Jack in the Box coming to CINCINNATI Sat, 02/18/12 5:59 PM (permalink)
            They're primarily a West Coast, Rocky Mountain chain but expanding East rapidly. I'm a big JITB fan as fast food burger joints go. Much better than McD's, BK, Wendy's etc.
            My favorites are their breakfasts which they serve 24/7.
            While you're waiting for JITB to move East, I'm waiting for Hardee's to move West! I'll trade ya!

6star

Re:Jack in the Box coming to CINCINNATI Sat, 02/18/12 8:16 PM (permalink)
              Don't tell anyone, but you already have Hardee's, ever since Carl Jr. bought them.  Carl Jr.'s in the west; Hardee's in the east (and both have the Red Burritos).  I liked Hardee's a lot better before, when they really were Hardee's.

Foodbme

• Total Posts: 9551
                Re:Jack in the Box coming to CINCINNATI Sat, 02/18/12 8:36 PM (permalink)
                6star

Don't tell anyone, but you already have Hardee's, ever since Carl Jr. bought them.  Carl Jr.'s in the west; Hardee's in the east (and both have the Red Burritos).  I liked Hardee's a lot better before, when they really were Hardee's.

I don't consider Carl's Jr to be like Hardees. Two different animals. Just buying someone does not make them the same.
                Carls will never be able to do biscuits like Hardee's. It's not in their DNA

TJ Jackson

• Total Posts: 4482
                  Re:Jack in the Box coming to CINCINNATI Sun, 02/19/12 12:46 PM (permalink)
                  Given The Mayor's oft-expressed affection for the tacos at Jack in the Box, I look forward at least to trying these.

Michael Hoffman

• Total Posts: 17823
                    Re:Jack in the Box coming to CINCINNATI Mon, 02/20/12 10:17 AM (permalink)
                    Hah! You guys might be getting a Jack-In-The-Box in Cincinnati, but we're getting a Cabela's here.

kland01s

• Total Posts: 2835
                      Re:Jack in the Box coming to CINCINNATI Mon, 02/20/12 11:25 AM (permalink)
                      JITB was in the Chicago area 40 or so years ago, I remember going to one in Elgin Illinois. I think we had more fun ordering from the stupid clown than liking the food because I don't remember anything about it. 

6star

Re:Jack in the Box coming to CINCINNATI Mon, 02/20/12 12:35 PM (permalink)
                        Michael Hoffman

Hah! You guys might be getting a Jack-In-The-Box in Cincinnati, but we're getting a Cabela's here.

Michael, we got a Bass Pro Shop here this last year:
                        http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CFPage?storeId=10151&catalogId=10051&langId=-1&appID=94&storeID=77

chefbuba

• Total Posts: 1952
                          Re:Jack in the Box coming to CINCINNATI Mon, 02/20/12 8:37 PM (permalink)
                          TJ Jackson

Given The Mayor's oft-expressed affection for the tacos at Jack in the Box, I look forward at least to trying these.

Nothing like deep fried tacos........

Michael Hoffman

• Total Posts: 17823
                            Re:Jack in the Box coming to CINCINNATI Mon, 02/20/12 9:25 PM (permalink)
                            6star

Michael Hoffman

Michael, we got a Bass Pro Shop here this last year:
                            http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CFPage?storeId=10151&catalogId=10051&langId=-1&appID=94&storeID=77

Bass Pro Shop is a great store. It's been years since I was in the one in Springfield, Missouri the first time and I'm still impressed.

mayor al

• Total Posts: 15062
                              • Roadfood Insider
                              Re:Jack in the Box coming to CINCINNATI Mon, 02/20/12 11:32 PM (permalink)
                              Michael, We have a huge Bass Pro Shop on our side of the River at exit 4 of I-65...but they are building a Cabela's near the Costco you saw when you got off I-71 onto the Gene Snyder (I-265) on the KY side.
                              Our nearest JIB has been in nashville, about 200 miles away. The new one In Cincinnati will cut that distance in half. Visits will still be rare...But ya gotta try 8 or 10 of the two for a buck deep-fried Tacos !
                                Hardees changed there burgers to the Carl Jr recipe and names when the buy-out took place. I believe back here in the east the Hardee's breakfast menu is the one being used. I miss the Hardee's fried chicken.

1bbqboy

• Total Posts: 4542
                                Re:Jack in the Box coming to CINCINNATI Tue, 02/21/12 2:36 AM (permalink)
                                2 cheeseburgers for $.99 at the moment. Not great, but
                                definitely serviceable.
                                That's at JITB, not Bass Pro Shops :)
                                <message edited by 1bbqboy on Tue, 02/21/12 2:38 AM>

HollyDolly

• Total Posts: 1065
                                  Re:Jack in the Box coming to CINCINNATI Tue, 02/21/12 12:45 PM (permalink)
                                  There's a Bass Pro Shop out on Interstate 10 West near the Shops of La Cantera in San Antonio, and Cabela's is out on IH-35 North as you go towards Austin.Can't recall if it is the  Kyle or Buda exit.
                                  We have Jack in the Box here all over the place.I get the tacos and other stuff when I go there. They are opening up a new Whataburger in Universal City on Pat Booker Road.Still working on the building, but it won't be too long.They are 24 hours, but don't know if they do breakfast all day.Jack in the Box does.

fishtaco

• Total Posts: 742
                                    Re:Jack in the Box coming to CINCINNATI Tue, 02/21/12 1:46 PM (permalink)
                                    6star

pnwchef

You must have limited your traveling to the following 20 states: AZ, CA, CO, HI, ID, IL, IN, KS, LA, MO, NV, NM, NC, OK, OR, SC, TN, TX, UT & WA.  And that doesn't even tell the whole story, since in Illinois, with 13 locations, they are all in southern Illinois, and in Kansas they are only near Kansas City, for example.

Indiana has only one and it just opened last month. More to open this year.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 2 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                                      • No New Messages
                                      • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                                      • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                                      • Locked w/ New Messages
                                      • Locked w/o New Messages
                                      • Read Message
                                      • Post New Thread
                                      • Reply to message
                                      • Post New Poll
                                      • Submit Vote
                                      • Post reward post
                                      • Delete my own posts
                                      • Delete my own threads
                                      • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                                      What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com