The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

Phone application for restaurant customers

inkaphd

• Total Posts: 1
Phone application for restaurant customers Sat, 02/18/12 7:57 PM (permalink)
Just wondering if restaurant owners would be interested in a phone application that would allow customers to order items off the menu using their phones.  The application would be integrated with the restaurant's POS system and would also allow to view and pay their check via phone.  Any responses would be greatly appreciated!

Florida.Food.Trucks

• Total Posts: 4
    Re:Phone application for restaurant customers Sun, 02/19/12 8:03 AM (permalink)
    I think it would be welcomed if the establishment integrated it, some places are rather old school but I like the idea.
    Our food trailer does not have a POS but just a cash register, you have a good idea.

crepeflipper

• Total Posts: 18
      Re:Phone application for restaurant customers Sun, 02/19/12 2:45 PM (permalink)
      Our credit card processor Square already has such an App, it is called Card Case, and allows our food cart customers to order and pay off the menu on their phone.  It is free, all I have to do is keep my menu updated in my payments app, and it can be used at any restaurant that uses square for payments.

Not to rain on your parade, but POS integration is no simple matter.  Look how many establishment still use a separate payments Verifone or Ingenico terminal.  Plus there is the tip issue, waitress banks, advertising and promoting the app, PCI compliance, printed receipts...etc.  Many smaller restaurants use a casio or other dumbPOS from costco, the larger ones use several vendors - halo, micros, squirrel, all with different integration issues.  Selling the app is problematicc too.  Calling on individual owners is expensive as you have to go to lots of locations, and they are usually broke and have high support costs.  The larger chains/franchises are going to be a long sell, you have to sell the IT staff, the store mangement, senior management and the franchisees.

Good luck,  I'm much happier flipping crepes and doing websites than being in that world anymore.

stevetamer

• Total Posts: 9
        Re:Phone application for restaurant customers Thu, 05/17/12 3:57 PM (permalink)
        With online ordering everything is easier, we only should have a device with internet and we can make our order from anywhere. I'm addicted to this service is very useful for me.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 2 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
          • No New Messages
          • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
          • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
          • Locked w/ New Messages
          • Locked w/o New Messages
          • Read Message
          • Post New Thread
          • Reply to message
          • Post New Poll
          • Submit Vote
          • Post reward post
          • Delete my own posts
          • Delete my own threads
          • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
          What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com