Hot!You've GOT to be kidding...!!!

Author
BackRhodes
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 726
2012/02/19 00:09:54 (permalink)

You've GOT to be kidding...!!!

I enjoy getting suggestions of where to eat...

That in mind, I had breakfast  2 days ago at Philippe, 1001 N Alameda St, about 3 blocks away from Union Station in Los Angeles...

Their claim to fame is that they allegedly invented the French Dip (keep this in mind), and this claim is emblazoned on their sign, menu, and advertisements..

On my way to catch a train, I stopped by to enjoy one of their French Dips, but it turned out to be a "meal from hell"...

This is a counter where you order and then when called you take your tray to a table, like a cafeteria...

What I got was what looked like a beef sandwich...NO DIP WAS INCLUDED...!!!

OK folks...what is the second word in "French Dip"...???

If you answered "DIP" then you are correct...

I asked the server at the counter that handed this to me "where's the dip"...???

The answer was that it was already on the beef sandwich...

WHAT...??? 

Yup...that's the way they do it there...

It was TERRIBLE...!!!

The bread was totally soggy, and the meat was dry...

I talked with a person at the main cash register that said he was one of the managers...and I told him what I though about this very odd meal...he said that they make the au jus from meat drippings, and that IF they put a 2 ounce cup of au jus to dip with each meal, patrons would want even more (what a VERY weak excuse)...

Other nearby heard my complaint, which I delivered in a calm and civil manner...and they also agreed that what they serve is really NOT a true French Dip...that it was a bunch of hokum...pure jive...false advertising...

How on earth can they get away calling this a "French DIP", with NO au jus to actually dip the sandwich in...???

BEWARE...this place is a RIPOFF...FALSE ADVERTISING...AVOID this place...!!!

51 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1