How do you order your eggs?

Author
CNW
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 191
2012/02/20 03:09:51 (permalink)

How do you order your eggs?

The other thread discussing whether or not to add water or milk while scrambling your eggs got me to thinking about how I order my eggs. I grew up in a house where the eggs were fried in the left over bacon or sausage grease. I remember saying at a restaurant when I was very young that their eggs didn't taste right. My mother pointed out that they were using an oil not bacon grease and not to ask them to do so. For years after that I didn't give any thought to it, I just knew that the eggs I got in a restaurant were not going to have the flavor I loved.

Fast forward a quite a few years and several friends have developed an allergy to soybeans. I was out to breakfast with them and when they ordered they explained that they were allergic to soybeans and their eggs needed to be fried in butter. The cooks apparently did not receive the request and they got their eggs fried in the fake butter flavored oil that had soybeans. Apparently the side effects are unpleasant did not life threatening. The next time I went out for breakfast with them they ordered their eggs fried in bacon grease and the restaurant has no problem with doing it. So, now when I go out to breakfast my order is three over medium with bacon, fry the eggs in the bacon drippings.

CNW

60 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Trial Version 5.1