The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

Pro option for service windows

DWags541

• Total Posts: 174
Pro option for service windows Sat, 02/25/12 5:38 PM (permalink)
I am sure the heavy researchers have stumbled upon this resource, but it is worth mentioning if you are looking for a very professional service window built by a company who is familiar with the concessions industry.
I was happy to learn of the coincidence that I already had these guys' windows in my concessions trailer that I purchased used but turn key a few years ago. I found them online then saw that I already used their windows on my Wells Cargo.
The company is Humphries Products out of Wichita, Kansas. They also sell the shutters or as they call them awnings for your window.
I know there are a lot of vinyl windows used out there for the budget builders, but I am looking forward to using this window and shutter on my new build. For instance, the window is what your customer sees the most of. I personally thing the extra money is worth the professional build and look.
To talk numbers, my 48"L and 36" high window will cost me $330. Its got an 18" vertical slider in the middle and then fixed windows on each side. Its all aluminum framed. The shutter will cost me $470 and crating cost at $50 will take it to $850 for the whole system.
I will have to pay shipping. So, not the cheapest, but if you are going to cut a whole in the side of your truck, you might as well do all that work once, and make it look good. My view anyway.

Has anyone else used or considered Humphries products? My current trailer that has them is about 15 years old and they are still solid under daily use.

-Dave

Dr of BBQ

• Total Posts: 3716
    • Roadfood Insider
    Re:Pro option for service windows Sat, 02/25/12 7:09 PM (permalink)
    Another good (price and quality wise) window company is Challenger Door in Indiana.... 574-773-0470. I have used both companies before.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
      • No New Messages
      • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
      • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
      • Locked w/ New Messages
      • Locked w/o New Messages
      • Read Message
      • Post New Thread
      • Reply to message
      • Post New Poll
      • Submit Vote
      • Post reward post
      • Delete my own posts
      • Delete my own threads
      • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
      What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com