boiled peanuts

Author
bumpy9
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 1
2004/02/22 10:58:17 (permalink)

boiled peanuts

hello from south carolina. was surfing google for peanutman stories got here. had a restaurant in sc was struggling to make payroll and then 9/11 2001 business dropped 50%. I lasted about 2 months before ALL the money was gone.
2002 I managed to burn down my mobile home not real long after I could no longer afford the insurance drafts. I did have a 5' X 8' trailer that didn't catch fire. I converted this into a 'boiled Peanut" roadside cart.
Now, things are pretty good considering I no longer work 100 hours a week.. and not much stress reading the paper sitting outside getting some sun and meeting people who just need some 'goobers' not complaining that a wattress didn't warm their coffee fast enough or checking incoming cases of foods to make sure they weren't shorted.
Even my sister keeps asking me if she can 'work' the cart on saturdays because it fun and she can catch up on her reading. thats her in the picture at thepeanutman.com
I don't see riches anywhere in the near future, but then maybe it was time to slow down. Who knows, I have more time to think, and I'm getting ideas. Just hope it don't rain this weekend.

31 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Trial Version 5.1