The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

Tortilla Factory Restaurant is CLOSED (Herndon, VA)

Glenn1234

• Total Posts: 508
Tortilla Factory Restaurant is CLOSED (Herndon, VA) Tue, 03/6/12 2:54 PM (permalink)

The Tortilla Factory restaurant in Herndon, VA closed it's doors after 37 years in business.  It was a local favorite for Mexican food for many years.  But, it seemed to go downhill in recent years.   

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-state-of-nova/post/herndons-tortilla-factory-says-no-mas-after-37-years/2012/02/28/gIQAqqzRgR_blog.html

As others have indicated in the comments, the quality did seem to suffer in recent years.  And, I agree with them that blaming the economy is B.S.  .... at least in this case.   Sure, there are plenty of restaurants around the nation affected by the economy, but if you're good, you'll make it.   Also, the Tortilla Factory is located in the second wealthiest county in the nation (Fairfax County, VA) with an average household income over $104K per year.   And, a few miles away is the nations wealthiest county (Loudoun Co., VA) with a median household income over 119K per year, and an uemployment rate of 3.9%.   Bad economy, my a$$.  

Does anyone else think that the "bad economy" excuse is being over-used by restaurants that are closing?  I'm not saying that it's not true for many areas, but in some cases, it seems to be a convenient excuse for a restaurant that has gone down hill. 

Glenn 

rebeltruce

• Total Posts: 698
    Re:Tortilla Factory Restaurant is CLOSED (Herndon, VA) Tue, 03/6/12 5:17 PM (permalink)
    I never thought the Tortilla Factory was anything special at all...maybe a step above Taco Bell. Look at Anita's, just down the street and still doing a booming business!

It was more of a neighborhood place that people went to because their parents had always went there.....so on and so on. I'm surprised they didn't close the doord years ago....I don't think the economy had anything to do with their closing at all....

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 2 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
      • No New Messages
      • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
      • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
      • Locked w/ New Messages
      • Locked w/o New Messages
      • Read Message
      • Post New Thread
      • Reply to message
      • Post New Poll
      • Submit Vote
      • Post reward post
      • Delete my own posts
      • Delete my own threads
      • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
      What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com