Tortilla Factory Restaurant is CLOSED (Herndon, VA)

Author
Glenn1234
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 566
2012/03/06 14:54:53 (permalink)

Tortilla Factory Restaurant is CLOSED (Herndon, VA)

The Tortilla Factory restaurant in Herndon, VA closed it's doors after 37 years in business.  It was a local favorite for Mexican food for many years.  But, it seemed to go downhill in recent years.   

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-state-of-nova/post/herndons-tortilla-factory-says-no-mas-after-37-years/2012/02/28/gIQAqqzRgR_blog.html

As others have indicated in the comments, the quality did seem to suffer in recent years.  And, I agree with them that blaming the economy is B.S.  .... at least in this case.   Sure, there are plenty of restaurants around the nation affected by the economy, but if you're good, you'll make it.   Also, the Tortilla Factory is located in the second wealthiest county in the nation (Fairfax County, VA) with an average household income over $104K per year.   And, a few miles away is the nations wealthiest county (Loudoun Co., VA) with a median household income over 119K per year, and an uemployment rate of 3.9%.   Bad economy, my a$$.  

Does anyone else think that the "bad economy" excuse is being over-used by restaurants that are closing?  I'm not saying that it's not true for many areas, but in some cases, it seems to be a convenient excuse for a restaurant that has gone down hill. 

Glenn 

1 Reply Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1