Charleston area

Author
familydok
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 231
2012/03/13 07:23:31 (permalink)

Charleston area

We drove to Charleston last week-another lovely trip and great eats!!
We usually stop at Gullah's on hwy 17N on our way in-it was great, as usual.  Most folks eat the buffet at lunch, but I decided to order the seafood gumbo.   It did take a rather long time for them to prepare, but well worth it.  It was spicy and full of seafood.
We have eaten at many excellent restaurants in Charleston and try to hit at least a different one each trip.  We tried 3 that were new to us this time.
We had a delightful breakfast at Chucktown Tavern in the downtown area.  They are known for their stuffed hamburgers at lunch.  My husband had a typical breakfast while I chose their shrimp and grits.  I have had this dish many times, but not with an Italian flair!  It was very tasty.  The server was most helpful.
I would certainly recommend that anyone going to Charleston try Husk.  It is not Roadfood but well worth the expense.  The menu changes twice daily  and uses farm grown products, locally when possible.  They have a large board listing what farms the menu items are purchased from.  The menu is unusual!  We also enjoyed Magnolias.  Both of these restaurants are located near the market. 
Charleston is always a great eating town!! 

8 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1