Seacoast food critic
- Joined: 3/13/2012
- Location: Hampton, NH
Portuguese Rice Pudding
Thu, 03/15/12 8:23 PM
2 cups of water
1 cup of white rice
2 cups of hot milk (whole milk)
1 cup of sugar
1 fresh lemon rind-----Big piece for easy removal Directions
- Bring water to a boil in medium saucepan.
- Add rice and cover, simmering for 20 minutes.
- Add milk, sugar and lemon rind, stirring constantly until thickened to oatmeal consistency, about 15-20 minutes.
- It will also thicken some while cooling.
- Pour into one large serving plate and remove lemon rind.
- Spread flat and allow to cool on wire rack.
- Dust with cinnamon
- Serve at room temp, but refrigerate uneaten portion.
<message edited by Seacoast food critic on Fri, 03/16/12 10:12 PM>