Portuguese Rice Pudding
2 cups of water
1 cup of white rice
2 cups of hot milk (whole milk)
1 cup of sugar
1 fresh lemon rind-----Big piece for easy removal Directions
- Bring water to a boil in medium saucepan.
- Add rice and cover, simmering for 20 minutes.
- Add milk, sugar and lemon rind, stirring constantly until thickened to oatmeal consistency, about 15-20 minutes.
- It will also thicken some while cooling.
- Pour into one large serving plate and remove lemon rind.
- Spread flat and allow to cool on wire rack.
- Dust with cinnamon
- Serve at room temp, but refrigerate uneaten portion.
post edited by Seacoast food critic - 2012/03/16 22:12:10