The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

equipment dilema's,...what should i use?

Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 31 to 40 of 40
Bistro a go-go

• Total Posts: 171
Re:equipment dilema's,...what should i use? Tue, 03/20/12 9:48 AM (permalink)
thanks cc, i really need to do this. ive emailed some of the kewl trucks ive seen on line for interior pics but nothing thus far so roadtrip is in order. regards, mark

Bistro a go-go

Re:equipment dilema's,...what should i use? Tue, 03/20/12 9:48 AM (permalink)
    thanks cc, i really need to do this. ive emailed some of the kewl trucks ive seen on line for interior pics but nothing thus far so roadtrip is in order. regards, mark

CCinNJ

• Total Posts: 7743
      Re:equipment dilema's,...what should i use? Tue, 03/20/12 10:19 AM (permalink)
      You also will certainly have something to bring to the friendships. A bunch of equipment that some people could really use. Just make sure you know what you are using first....and good prices for your friends who help you transition in...with a tour advice leads contacts etc.

mofood

• Total Posts: 117
        Re:equipment dilema's,...what should i use? Tue, 03/20/12 10:25 AM (permalink)
        That's good advice CC. I did just that when I was planning my kitchen. Checked out some local trucks, and checked out a ton of mobile set ups in Portland. The vendors must have wondered why I was standing on my toes eyeballing their kitchens!
        It was helpful, for the kitchen and the build.
        I also left room for expansion, or reorganization if need be.

Bistro a go-go

Re:equipment dilema's,...what should i use? Tue, 03/20/12 6:14 PM (permalink)
          is there an ultimate foodtruck thread showing the best in pics??

FriedTater

• Total Posts: 414
            Re:equipment dilema's,...what should i use? Tue, 03/20/12 6:42 PM (permalink)
            The way things have been going the past couple of months, it`d be nice if the moderators would start a Food Truck Forum.

Bistro a go-go

Re:equipment dilema's,...what should i use? Tue, 03/20/12 7:06 PM (permalink)
              i second that motion. all in favor? gavel come down (sound of crickets ...?)

Bistro a go-go

Re:equipment dilema's,...what should i use? Tue, 03/20/12 7:06 PM (permalink)
                i second that motion. all in favor? gavel come down (sound of crickets ...?)

CCinNJ

• Total Posts: 7743
                  Re:equipment dilema's,...what should i use? Tue, 03/20/12 8:09 PM (permalink)
                  The Cooking Channel ( sister station of Food Network) has a show called Eat Street. They always show the inside of trucks...along with the food.

It is on Directv. Many cable providers don't carry it.

Bistro a go-go

Re:equipment dilema's,...what should i use? Thu, 03/22/12 6:53 PM (permalink)
                    okay, here's kinda what i figured out. the step in cooler on ea truck will have to go. im wondering if i should keep one in my commissary and run it on a pool type timer to come on at set times and use it as a freezer for meat, fries, ice cream, ect. it looks like itll hold 30 cases or so of misc. any thoughts on this, guys? they also have a thermostat to runs as needed but once cold plate freezes, they hold temps great.  anyone ever remove one? how easy is it to take one apart?

once cooler is out of the way ill be adding the interior skin and hanging the hood. shoulda done this over the winter as that truck is like a tin can in a field and theres nothin being cooked yet. gotta get a big fan goin'.
                    if anyone can use a step in for anything let me know. thanks. m

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
                      Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 31 to 40 of 40

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 2 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                      • No New Messages
                      • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                      • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                      • Locked w/ New Messages
                      • Locked w/o New Messages
                      • Read Message
                      • Post New Thread
                      • Reply to message
                      • Post New Poll
                      • Submit Vote
                      • Post reward post
                      • Delete my own posts
                      • Delete my own threads
                      • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                      What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com