Beef and Chicken Base

Author
pnwchef
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 2463
2012/03/22 10:08:18 (permalink)

Beef and Chicken Base

When making soup, stews, gravy, chowders, or any dish that requires Beef, Chicken. Clam flavoring, try to use the best quality base possible. I would not recommend useing a granulated or powder base, there is way to much sodium and not enough flavor. The more you use the more sodium you get, not more flavor. When looking for a good base, look for a paste, and make sure the first ingredient is Roasted Chicken, Cook or roasted beef in juices, cooked clams in juice, and so on. The better the quality of the base the more flavor and quality to your soup, and of course less sodium. When using any base, always taste the gravy or sauce before adding any salt and adjust as necessary. I use the 5lb size in my business, they make 1lb size for home use. When you don't have time to make your own stock, these bases come in handy for a quick gravy, or just adding more beef flavor to your home made stock that needs more flavor. We use these bases for all of our Chowders, Gravy's, Beef stroganoff, beef tips, swiss steak, stews, or any meal that needs more flavor. Minor's used to be a good quality base, there are many others, just make sure the first ingredient is a meat or seafood depending on the base, also make sure it's a paste not a powder or granulated product.

19 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1