Jimmy's Hot Dogs, Phoenix, AZ

Author
Foodbme
Porterhouse
  • Total Posts : 10324
2012/03/24 21:21:03 (permalink)

Jimmy's Hot Dogs, Phoenix, AZ

There are almost as many Vienna Hot Dog Shops & Carts in Phoenix as there are in Chicago!
Ain't it so, CSD??
I've tried a number of them and they're pretty much the same old, same old. Nothing special.
Except Jimmy's! He's just a notch or three above the rest.
First, his place has "Curb Appeal" as the Realtors call it. Bright red awnings and signage easily visible from the street. Plenty of parking. He has inside & Outside seating. A nice patio with the requisite Vienna Beef Umbrellas. What first struck me was the Extreme cleanliness and organization of the place. The floor to ceiling windows were spotless and uncluttered with no gaudy signage.
It was around 3PM. The place had some customers both inside & out. The girl at the counter was friendly, took my order and money quickly. I took a seat at a spotless brushed stainless steel table and started watching ESPN and my order showed up. I had a casing dog with Chili, onions and mustard. Every order comes with FRESH CUT fries in the price of $3.50 + drink. The dog was hot & fresh, the chili was all meat, no beans. fresh diced, finely chopped onions, just the way I like them on a perfectly steamed bun. As good as it was, the Fries surpassed it. I noticed a bowl of peeled potatoes on the back counter. When you order, they cut the fries and and cook them .They were served steaming hot and very good! It was so good, I ordered another one!
All that combined to move Jimmy's to the top of my Dog Shop list. 
The rest of the menu is the typical Chicago Hot Dog Shop menu - Italian Beef, Meat Ball Subs, Chicago Style Dogs etc, and they all get raves by reviewers on Yelp and other sites. Jimmy doesn't have a web site, just good food.
They serve Breakfast items also.
It's located on Broadway, just East of 40th St and just South of the I-10. If you're on I-10, exit at 40th St and go South to Broadway & turn left. It's on the left.
4022 E Broadway RoadPhoenix, AZ, 85040 602-759-8357
It's close to Tempe and not too far from Sky Harbor. Open 9-5. I give it 5 Stars.

0 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1