The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Soup There?

Michael Hoffman

• Total Posts: 17795
Soup There? Sat, 03/31/12 1:18 PM (permalink)
OK, so who would have thought a hot dog joint would have terrific soup? Well, not I. But, according to lleechef, and her very Italian mother, the wedding soup offered by the Brighton Hot Dog Shoppes is very, very good. I brought them each (lleechef wasn't feeling well) a bowl of the wedding soup from this Western Pennsylvania chain's Rochester store and they pronounced it excellent. leechef's mother wasn't as complimentary about the dog with coney sauce, though.

chewingthefat

• Total Posts: 6091
    Re:Soup There? Sat, 03/31/12 5:12 PM (permalink)
    Isn't one wedding this year, enough for you, Mr. Hoffman?

Michael Hoffman

Re:Soup There? Sat, 03/31/12 5:33 PM (permalink)
      chewingthefat

Isn't one wedding this year, enough for you, Mr. Hoffman?

Ah, but one wedding is not the same as another. Wedding soup is really minestra maritata. That refers to the fact that greens and meat in the soup go well together. It has nothing to do with weddings.

As to the other wedding -- come top think of it, those ingredients seem to go well together, too.

pnwchef

• Total Posts: 2225
        Re:Soup There? Sun, 04/1/12 4:26 PM (permalink)
        Thats great,  now you could hook up with Chewy, buy soup at a hot dog stand and then Chewy will take you to a gas station for a Tuna sandwich...........What a class act you to make......................

chewingthefat

• Total Posts: 6091
          Re:Soup There? Sun, 04/1/12 4:51 PM (permalink)
          pnwchef

Thats great,  now you could hook up with Chewy, buy soup at a hot dog stand and then Chewy will take you to a gas station for a Tuna sandwich...........What a class act you to make......................

I resent that...Michael can buy soup right here...have I mentioned I have soup here?????

pnwchef

Re:Soup There? Sun, 04/1/12 5:03 PM (permalink)
            chewingthefat

pnwchef

I resent that...Michael can buy soup right here...have I mentioned I have soup here?????

I think you have mentioned it in passing.

Michael Hoffman

Re:Soup There? Sun, 04/1/12 6:07 PM (permalink)
              pnwchef

Hey, I can't help it if the wedding soup is good. Fact is, I can't even say from personal knowledge that it's good. I've never tasted it. I was told by a chef and her mother that it'sgood. And don't knock tuna sandwiches from gas stations until you've tried one.

pnwchef

Re:Soup There? Sun, 04/1/12 8:01 PM (permalink)
                Michael, I just didn't want Chewy to get any ideas on the Wedding soup, I'm hoping he doesn't think it's made with rice and Confetti...........

As far as the Tuna Sands, we used to play ball all day long as a kid and stop at a store that made tuna sands on wonder bread for 10 cents, with a National lemon lime soda for a nickle.............

Michael Hoffman

Re:Soup There? Mon, 04/2/12 10:44 AM (permalink)
                  pnwchef

Michael, I just didn't want Chewy to get any ideas on the Wedding soup, I'm hoping he doesn't think it's made with rice and Confetti...........

As far as the Tuna Sands, we used to play ball all day long as a kid and stop at a store that made tuna sands on wonder bread for 10 cents, with a National lemon lime soda for a nickle.............

Chewy getting an idea about something? That's never gonna happen.

Hey, when I was in junior high we used to go around trhe corner from the school at lunchtime to a small grocery store called Red's, where Red would boil hot dogs in a pan of water on a hotplate and make tuna sandwiches. The dogs cost a nickel and the tuna sandwiches -- on Bond Bread -- were a dime. Both the dogs and the tuna sandwiches were terrible, and we loved them.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 2 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                    • No New Messages
                    • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                    • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                    • Locked w/ New Messages
                    • Locked w/o New Messages
                    • Read Message
                    • Post New Thread
                    • Reply to message
                    • Post New Poll
                    • Submit Vote
                    • Post reward post
                    • Delete my own posts
                    • Delete my own threads
                    • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                    What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com