Dilemma at Henry's

Author
buffetbuster
Porterhouse
  • Total Posts : 10384
2012/04/02 13:19:03 (permalink)

Dilemma at Henry's

While driving across I-70 through Ohio yesterday afternoon, I was trying to decide where to have lunch.  Henry's in West Jefferson would be ideal, but they are always closed on Sundays.  But, you never know when restaurants change their hours, so I called.  It was picked up after two rings and they told me they were open until 4:00.  Woo-hoo!!!  That was pleasant surprise #1.

Pleasant surprise #2 was the list of pies they had available.  Usually, there are no more than five or six pie choices here.  And if you arrive late in the day, you won't even have that.  But yesterday, they had the entire arsenal ready.  Here is the list:

This was the best array of pies I have seen since last Smoke Day!  The dilemma?  How do you choose among all those potential gems?  Since this is Henry's, one of America's premier pie palaces, there is no doubt everything was going to be first-rate.

Even before sitting down, I took a photo of the list and posted it on Facebook, looking for help.  Excellent replies and suggestions were given by Nancypalooza, quijote and ceci.  A less helpful, but hardly surprising idea came from ChiTownDiner, who thought I should get a slice of each.

So, which one or ones (you know I had more than one) would you have picked?      
post edited by buffetbuster - 2012/04/02 13:30:32

27 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Trial Version 5.1