The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

Cold Plate Refrigerator advice????????

Vic Cardenas

• Total Posts: 177
Cold Plate Refrigerator advice???????? Mon, 04/16/12 5:25 PM (permalink)
So, I just got my fridge up and running, finally. I dumped about $1800 I parts into the damn thing and paid some refrigeration techs $600 to come out and hook it all up and charge it. I knew it would've been way cheaper just to buy a new true fridge and run a generator all day, but I didn't have the room to cut the fridge out and replace it with an even wider unit. My problem is... the cold plate gets really cold, subfreezing. The bottom of the fridge is always cold enough. Most of the time the middle section is too. I can never get the sandwich top pans, or the top shelf of the fridge, to be cold enough.  Over night I can get it into proper temp and on colder days I can too. The problem is on warm days (and I know it's going to get wayyyy hotter this year) it slowly creeps up to almost 50 degrees in the unit. I'll keep the compressor running constantly to try and pull it down but it can't keep up with mother nature. I shouldn't even have to do this because the point of a cold plate is to plug in over night and keep a steady temp for several hours during the day unplugged.

Now, I've insulated just about all I can without tearing the entire unit out completely. I've sealed it as good as I can. I'm wondering if anybody has any advice on supplementing a cold plate. Maybe with a "Cool Tube" unit? Maybe I just need fans in there? Will fans make a big difference?

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
    • No New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    • Locked w/ New Messages
    • Locked w/o New Messages
    • Read Message
    • Post New Thread
    • Reply to message
    • Post New Poll
    • Submit Vote
    • Post reward post
    • Delete my own posts
    • Delete my own threads
    • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
    What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com