Does Roadfood "cater" to higher-end but still hole-in-the-wall destination eateries?

Author
tenacity
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 2
2012/04/23 13:41:14 (permalink)

Does Roadfood "cater" to higher-end but still hole-in-the-wall destination eateries?

I didn't find a lot of guidance when searching the forums for things like molecular gastronomy or "tasting menu", so I am unsure if it is acceptable to review or submit for consideration a little spot that I adore. It's tiny, "mom & pop", self-taught and utterly value-oriented in its small town. BUT, while lunches are just good eats, the dinners are tasting menus that veer over into modernist cuisine and tricky techniques and challenging ingredients. The undercurrent is always wonderful tastes, not "we are trying to confuse you". The sources are mostly local (many foraged items, even!) and obviously I have a problem not gushing. Sorry.

Yet I noticed that a mention of the Fat Duck in England was met with scorn on these forums, and I would give a testicle to eat there (if I had any). Not that this spot is THAT cutting-edge, but it is certainly modernist.

So... what say ye? :-) 

8 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1