Best Pizza in Syracuse

Author
Scorereader
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 5566
2012/04/27 13:48:23 (permalink)

Best Pizza in Syracuse

It's an Italian laden city. High quality Italian restaurants abound. If the restaurant can't keep up, it closes. Even venerable ones like Aunt Josie's can't avoid fatality if the quality doesn't keep up with high standards. An average restaurant in my hometown of Syracuse, would be among the top places here in DC. So, to be the top in Syracuse...you've got to be doing it right at a high level.

And pizza in CNY, is another measuring stick. From the pizza in restaurants to the pizza in just plain ol' pizza shops. There's a whole culture of pizza in Syracuse. And the best?... Well, it's a hotly contested debate - divided by the very neighborhoods people live and work. The high school you attended, might very well be an indicator as to which pizza place, you think, makes the best.

So, a study was done...and not a bad study to be a part of I would guess, to seek the truth. Who has the best cheese pizza (just plain old who makes the best basic pie), and who has the best "specialty" pizza (the odd man out. the pie that defines the restaurant)?

I wish they had chosen a best overall, but alas, I can agree with their choice for cheese pizza. I've been to the downtown location since I was a kid. In the old days, it was located in the heart of the busy department store shopping district. A slice of pizza at Pavone's, and then a dark chocolate covered pretzel from Fanny Farmer's, capped off what would've been a boring day to an 8 year old, who spent the day trailing his mom through the racks of the multi-floored department stores - a gigantic maze of racks, kiosks, and escalators. Today, Pavone's is almost standing all by itself among the empty old giants and littered street. And yet, it remains, with LONG lunchtime lines from workers walking a few blocks away from the safety of their office buildings. No doubt, because the quality of the dough, sauce and cheese is too much to ignore when the lunchtime stomach begins to growl.

Anyways, here's the full story, of the best pizza in an Italian town:
 Syracuse's Best Pizza

post edited by Scorereader - 2012/04/27 13:51:06

10 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1